• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Language Training For MedTechs Post Course

MedTechStudent

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, so I strolled into CFRC Toronto yesterday for my interview.  Went well, every things in order, file was reopened, merit listed, and so on.  But while the Lieutenant(Navy) was talking to me about the course overview he mentions that there "might be some second language training after course".  Now I had never heard of this, but I'm all for learning French I always wanted to but never had the motivation.  SO I'm just curious if anyone who has done the MedTech courses has heard of this or done the Language Training, or if its a new thing they are putting in place this year. 

Also, for anyone who cares, they are short 182 MedTech students this year nation wide, the Lieutenant said that was most likely because there is a war going on, go figure.  ::)    I found THAT number odd too because it seams like a LOT of people in these forums are going in for that program.  Hmm ???

Anywho, someone please let me know bout the French?  Thanks!

Back when I joined, it was mandatory prior to QL3 training - however, mine was the 2nd last course required to do it.  Since then, it seems to be on a you need to request it basis.  Of course, some of the young'ens here may have something new and exciting to share I don't know about...

MM

There is second language training avail, but you will most likely be too busy to actually get onto a CF run full time course.

Also those courses are filled by people who need them. For medical NCOs. those people who "need" to have a french course are those whom are to be promoted to MWO.

So, the recruiter wasn't lying, but the truth is there is not much chance you getting FLT.

MedTechStudent said:
Also, for anyone who cares, they are short 182 MedTech students this year nation wide, the Lieutenant said that was most likely because there is a war going on, go figure.  ::)    I found THAT number odd too because it seams like a LOT of people in these forums are going in for that program.  Hmm ??

That number is alot less than the 500 they were short a couple yrs go. And still much less than the 250+ QL 5 Med Tech Cpls that are really needed RFN.

Wow, was unaware of that.  Well I'm just glad to be going into a trade that is in need of people.

Sorry I'm having a brain freeze, what does RFN stand for?

MedTechStudent said:
Wow, was unaware of that.  Well I'm just glad to be going into a trade that is in need of people.

Sorry I'm having a brain freeze, what does RFN stand for?

RFN= Right F'ing Now

Back