• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knife Registry on the way?

REALLY!

Where will the madness all stop.  In any room there are at least fifty (50) items that can be used to kill or maim a person. 

I had thought that this proposal from the Good idea fairy was beyond belief. I thought that even the most control freak personalities would see the complete lack of effectiveness and common sense of such a proposal.

I was proven wrong. When the Police Chief of one of Saskatchewan's major cities floats this idea on Canada's Broadcasting network you just have to shake your head in dismay.

The only way the social engineers can win the game of passive protection is to keep everyone in layers of bubble wrap and locked in their homes.

As anyone with common sense might suggest, active protection means being aware of your surroundings and prepared to engage. People with these traits tend to cause problems with social engineering schemes, though...

Even that won't work, T.

You can choke someone with bubble wrap.

Personally I say if you want to register something dangerous, register pens.

I mean, the longest knife you can get is a sword …. and the pen is mightier than the sword !!!!

Guardian said:
Doctors call for kitchen knife ban
Friday, May 27, 2005 Posted: 1008 GMT (1808 HKT)

Doctors say pointed knives owe more to tradition than culinary necessity.

LONDON, England (AP) -- Are there killers in your kitchen drawer?

Three emergency-room doctors called Friday for long, pointed kitchen knives to be banned in a bid to reduce the number of stabbings in Britain.

"Many assaults are impulsive, often triggered by alcohol or misuse of other drugs, and the long pointed kitchen knife is an easily available potentially lethal weapon, particularly in the domestic setting," wrote Emma Hern, Will Glazebrook and Mike Beckett in an editorial for the journal.

Knives are the most common murder weapon in Britain, where guns are difficult to obtain. Prime Minister Tony Blair's government has announced plans to make knives harder to buy and to raise the minimum age for ownership from 16 to 18.

The doctors said pointed knives were much more likely to penetrate deeply and cause serious injury than either blunt-nosed or short-bladed designs."

Thoughts?

OK so no pointy knives, guess what I think head traumas will be on the rise as the stabbings lower, why are they going to do next call for a ban on frying pans? Like really.

Nobody better draw a picture of a pointy knife, or children better not imitate a knife with their hand or they will be expelled from school.

Knife attacks with parangs are very common in Malaysia and make for nasty wounds, if you live.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/04/09/Motorist-injured-in-roadside-parang-attack/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwRc-7dPICA

Jed said:
Nobody better draw a picture of a pointy knife, or children better not imitate a knife with their hand or they will be expelled from school.
And let's not even THINK about the knife hand pointing ....

milnews.ca said:
And let's not even THINK about the knife hand pointing ....

:) Good one. I have past personal experience incurring the wrath of DND harassment investigations due too my inadvertent knife hand actions. lol

WPJ said:
OK so no pointy knives, guess what I think head traumas will be on the rise as the stabbings lower, why are they going to do next call for a ban on frying pans? Like really.

Sounds like a Vegan Plot to me.

Think of the revenue stream for the govt when we are all required to have a PTPAL and RPTPAL to purchase pointy things.  We're going to need bigger jails for all those unregistered paring knife owners out there.

George Wallace said:
Sounds like a Vegan Plot to me.
Only the most hard-core radical vegan would attempt to eat an eggplant without cutting it up at all ....

Every incident involving a knife is now going to be all over the news, until finally tougher knife legislation is written. Sad face.

WPJ said:

You're responding to a post from 2005 when Tony Blair was PM of GB?

I have to say that the "pointy" part is moot. I have yet to see a "rounded" kitchen/ steak knife that was so round I couldn't stab you with it

Rounding off the point will do little to make a knife less dangerous.  1) it will still have an edge, so you can slash with it. 2) A grinder and an hour or two and voila you have a pointy knife again  ::) 3) If you are really lazy and don't care if the knife is neat looking cutting the blunted part off at angle will suffice.  4) If you are really really lazy, a screwdriver will work too.

Hatchet Man said:
Rounding off the point will do little to make a knife less dangerous.  1) it will still have an edge, so you can slash with it. 2) A grinder and an hour or two and voila you have a pointy knife again  ::) 3) If you are really lazy and don't care if the knife is neat looking cutting the blunted part off at angle will suffice.  4) If you are really really lazy, a screwdriver will work too.

That brings up some good points: if a grinder can put a point on a knife, and you can just as easily stab someone with a screwdriver, maybe we should require all shop tools to be registered as well!  >:D

Back