• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knee Injuries and Quick Processing

Hack

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All

I submitted my online app last week, and submitted my 'Suitable Candidate' letter from the Cameron Highlanders today  (I guess this is a new requirement)

The recruiting centre scheduled my CFAT for this Thursday, although they are still waiting on my 2 letters of Ref (they will be faxed) to schedule anything else.
It looks like CFRC Ottawa is processing applicants fairly quickly!!!

My question is about my knees (and arm)
I disclocated my knees 3 times in the past,  twice when I was in middle school and once a few years ago in university. I also was involved in a car crash where i basically shattered my arm and had metal rods inserted.

Will I need to bring doccumentation to the medical which says I am fit to serve because of my past injuries? Or will the duty medical officer make that determination on his/her own?
I am from Nova Scotia, and getting these letters may take a week or so.        But what I really dont want is to show up for the medical and then have to wait another month to bring back the supporting doccumentation.

Thanks.

Making someone else's job easier can never be a bad thing.  If you can pre-emptively get the papers, I would (I have no direct knowledge of the system though).  Worst case scenario, they need to get it through some more official channel and you will have wasted a bit of postage. 
Just a thought.

Can i ask what trade your joining? i mean it sounds like your knees are in rather poor shape, and with a shattered arm, geez man, but i guess if you can do the work, all the power to you for giving your best, goodluck.  :salute:

Jaxson

im going for Infantry as an NCM

and yes, i guess i have put my body through a rough time

my knees have been ok for a while now,  the first 2 times were when i was a kid and the last time was in taekwondo.  its typically a sharp twisting motion that did it,  so ive been working on strengthening them

the arm should be fine too,  it actually works 99%,  i can exceed all the pushup requirements etc

still,    i may be medically DQ'd        - but the Army is something ive always wanted to do and Ill give it my best shot and let them determine if im fit or not

Past injuries need to be reported to the medical officer, but basically as long as a doctor gives a a-go ahead and there are no forseeable problems you should be good to go.

Back