• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit parade questions

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
So I happen to check the CFLRS website and the officer cadet joining instructions have been updated (compared to the ones my CFRC sent me). So no lounging around in my housecoat but now I have to bring hangers...
Anyway, how strict is the first kit parade going to be in terms of quantity, of, say, toiletries? If I bring more than the one bar of soap on the list, will they make me mail it back home? Do you get a barracks box for the general bits and pieces that aren‘t part of the daily inspection ritual? I understand they don‘t want people bringing 17 changes of civvies, but are we talking stupid levels of anality?
Also, what are the guidelines for cell phones? Are they banned completely?
Cheers,
Ralph.

If they say, bring so and so, then bring so and so, anything beyond that is asking for trouble,imho.
I cant even remember wearing my civvies in basic.
When I was in, the only storage you had for personal items, all fit in a nice white shoebox.

Tc...
VVV

as far as the colour vision test goes, thats done during the recruiting process during your medical examination.

when it comes to bringing extra gear, you‘re sort of heading into a grey area. there are people who‘ll bring an "inspection kit" to leave set up in their locker so it doesnt need to be worried about during inspection. they keep a second set of toiletries in their personal box (shoebox) that they actually use on a day to day basis. while it works well, if you get caught by an instructor you‘ll get ****ed up. i‘ve seen instructors do spot checks of personal boxes to check for inspection kit... especially if the person‘s locker is especially neat and clean.

I was looking on the website and I wasn‘t about to find the kit list section. If anyone has, could you post here, so I can check the list and weed out all the gear I don‘t need. Also have a question, how do they take to books and a cdman? It‘s a long train ride to St Jean, so I‘m going have them with me. The other question I have is this, if I‘m accepted for basic and it‘s tehe winter, do they give you a spot for your personal winter jacket and boots?

Thanks.

Your going to find each course is different. Where as on one you might all have to have the same brand of tooth past, on the other it wont matter at all.

Most of the times that you have questions regarding something that seems like common sense the army is pretty good for it. Like being able to call home. letting u have a winter jacket. Stuff like that. They don‘t expect you to know everything off the bat its up to them to teach it to you and you to remember it.

Back