• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Keeping up with AOR and Eqpt Proficiency?

ballz said:
I have no idea how I'm going to get all the INT required from now on... Mathematically, the ridic amounts of trips to Tim Horton's to get INT don't pay off in the long run vs. high-value missions.

You only have 35 Attention to Detail. That means the maximum amount of INT you can find on a mission is 35. I just finished my incentive climb, and earned over 110,000 INT in a week. My AtD was 500 and I was averaging 250 INT per mission. When your AtD is that high, you basically get INT every mission you run.

PuckChaser said:
You only have 35 Attention to Detail. That means the maximum amount of INT you can find on a mission is 35. I just finished my incentive climb, and earned over 110,000 INT in a week. My AtD was 500 and I was averaging 250 INT per mission. When your AtD is that high, you basically get INT every mission you run.

I see... I didn't realize the 35 was the cap. I thought it only affected the probability of getting INT on a mission.

How do you know you averaged 250 INT per mission? Does that mean I should be averaging 17.5 per mission? Cause I surely am not.

I'll go read up that thread about how each thinger affects certain aspects. Those are just the questions that popped into my head. I suspect I will find the answers to them there of course.

EDIT: Hmmm.. wish I read that a long time ago, I would have been dedicating a merit point per promotion to ATD. I guess my low ATD in A-Ops is a pretty good representation of the real life me haha.

250 is just a guesstimate, however more often than not, I was pulling down 350-400 INT per mission. It really adds up, that's the only reason I'm on the 49th Dossier.

Every 2 Ranking Level I go up, when my Max CR is replenished, I aggressively knock down one AOR. It does take another half day to achieve this as they are getting a bit expensive!!  ;D

Starting chance of finding Int: 100:1,000 or 10% chance
Each point of Attention to Detail adds 1 point to the 100, and also drops one point from the 1,000.
So if you have an ATD of 10, your odds are 110:990 (11.1%), and if you have an ATD of 150, your odds are 250:750 (33.3%)
Furthermore the amount of Int you find each time is a random number from 1 to (your ATD + 1)

In other words, with an ATD of 35, you will get a max Int hit of 36, and 14% of the missions that you conduct will produce Int for you.

For me, with an ATD of 295, I'll see a max Int hit of 296, 42% of the missions that I conduct will produce an Int hit.

So, if I run 10 missions, I'll get an average of 4.2 int caches, and between 4.2, and 1243 Int.  In reality, the average will be approximately 600 Int for every 10 missions I conduct.

Right now, on dossier 45, it will take me 25,000 int to make the mission.

So, it's not a bad idea to hit up your Int if you want to see some good CE....I expect that Dossier 45 will net me about 300,000 CE.

On the other hand, once I've completed the 50 Int Missions, those 295 points of Attention to Detail become, well, useless.  So I'm loathe to push more points into it on my PER....though I anticipate that the last 5 dossiers will be:

Which is a total of 200,000 Int.  Which for me means, by my guestimate, I will need to conduct approximately 3,300 more missions to collect that amount of Int....that'll take a while.

Seeing as I've been playing for 4 months and not hit that number of missions yet, and as you go on, they're more and more expensive.

Thinking down these lines, I'm probably going to bounce up my ATD just a bit more so that these numbers come down a bit....

NS

Wow, good analysis NS. For my part, I clear out an insurgency if:

[*]I'm about to unlock the HVM for a location
[*]The daily challenge awards insurgency drops

That's pretty much it. I always also keep one location under TB control so I can participate in the daily challenge, should it arise.

I haven't been doing neither, is that something that I should start early or start later in game?

They are best done as soon as possible as it will be easier to keep up on them, plus the High Value Missions will not unlock till you do.

kuchunwah said:
I haven't been doing neither, is that something that I should start early or start later in game?

And as for Equipment Proficiency, I think that might be based on the missions you want to do. For example, I never trained on equipment when the probability of success was high, but I did when I wanted better chances to successfully complete a mission with a lower probability.

And to add to what was previously said, it would be a good idea to lock down your AORs earlier, so that you unlock the HVMs earlier, which will help you rise through the ranks much faster.

I only bothered with unlocking AORs when the HVM gave a better rate of return than the previous HVM. Do the math, sometimes newer isn't always better.

PuckChaser said:
I only bothered with unlocking AORs when the HVM gave a better rate of return than the previous HVM. Do the math, sometimes newer isn't always better.

Agreed, this game is like a wicked-awesom finance project.

I don't waste a single CR point on equipment proficiency either, unless I'm working on a daily challenge for the milpoints or a new medal or something.

Back