• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Keeping up with AOR and Eqpt Proficiency?

crooks.a

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anybody here keep up with their AOR and Eqpt Proficiency by qualifying themselves for the appropriate medals?

For example, you get a promotion and unlock a LAV, Cannon Rounds, and a new area. Your first actions are to:

1. Completely wipe out the insurgency
2. Increase Eqpt Proficiency for both to level 5
3. Carry on with regular missions

I personally haven't kept up with my equipment levels (and will probably never catch up...), but I seem to be doing a pretty decent job at killing off insurgency as I level up (I still have my -40 insurgency point medals).

I usually do #3, but I have just started doing the AOR thing this area, got it locked down and the special mission will be unlocked in two levels. As for eqpt. prof. I usually don't work on getting them up to 5 for the mission, rather just every now and than working on them. Unless I have some extra CR to spend (before leveling up) or a well paying daily challenge than those will take priority over ops.

I train equipment with my left over CR before I level. I'm behind on insurgencies, but it takes almost 2 days of CR to lock down 1 area right now, so I do that every second level or so.

Puck,

I lock down about 2 AOR's per week, and it's now taking me about a day and a half of CR's to do so.  I know it's not going to get much better.

I have 12 AOR's locked down so far, and 4 opened, but not locked down yet.

NS

I have been spending the last few days bringing up my Msn levels as well as the training a bit. It's been a wealth of Int finds ;D

I really don't keep up much with equipment proficiency, I usually reduce insurgency once in a while.

I mostly do the lower CR missions for Int and then attack the HVTs.

Basically I keep up with the insurgencies, (13 so far) I get myself into a position where I only have a few points left to level up with a low CR mission then wait to let my CR build up, once it is near max I begin to hammer the insurgency, once CR gets low I do the low cost mission to level up and get the CR refill and then hammer it till it is locked down.  As for training I use up any CR that I have when I am close to leveling up.

I was definitely training on equipment a lot today! (Daily Challenges  :p )

So I've gone up quite a few levels in a bunch of equipment today  ;D

a.schamb said:
I was definitely training on equipment a lot today! (Daily Challenges  :p )

So I've gone up quite a few levels in a bunch of equipment today  ;D

I had a lot of CR left over before I was going to level, so I did the same. Killed off some CR that would have gone to waste, got about 9 levels worth of equipment and 1500 Milpoints.

crooks.a said:
Does anybody here keep up with their AOR and Eqpt Proficiency by qualifying themselves for the appropriate medals?

For example, you get a promotion and unlock a LAV, Cannon Rounds, and a new area. Your first actions are to:

1. Completely wipe out the insurgency
2. Increase Eqpt Proficiency for both to level 5
3. Carry on with regular missions

I personally haven't kept up with my equipment levels (and will probably never catch up...), but I seem to be doing a pretty decent job at killing off insurgency as I level up (I still have my -40 insurgency point medals).

Geez Mr. Crooks, you sure are obsessed/addicted aren't you?  ;)

Don't you have a tent to square away?

"I'm an arsehole, but I don't want to be one if I don't have to"  :p

lethalLemon said:
Geez Mr. Crooks, you sure are obsessed/addicted aren't you?  ;)

Don't you have a tent to square away?

"I'm an arsehole, but I don't want to be one if I don't have to"  :p
Haha. I wouldn't say addicted. Just an hour or so a night.

I don't have a tent to clean, but my room could use some tidying up... well, a lot of tidying up.

I'm 4 areas behind right now....I'm taking over 1.5 fill-ups to get through, and generally end up letting it go overnight again after that to finish up.  UGH.  I'm hoping to clear a few down next week, but this week I have other priorities.

NS

I now find locking the insurgencies down isn't really worth the credit. My next available int increase would be 2500 and I would have to clear 4 insurgents to do it or approx 2-3 times my total credit. On the other hand my Attention to detail is high enough that if I expand all my CR on low level missions I can easily make 2500 int.

I just bought the McMillan Tac-.50 Sniper Rifle and have never used it. So why do I have a level 2 50% proficiency with it?

Do you start at a certain level after a certain amount of rank?

There are incentives that increase equipment proficiency, you must have cashed in the 50% and 1 level one.

No I did not cash in any incentives in the last week. I bought it then went to the training page and saw it at the indicated level......

I used to keep up with them to get the incentives which were INT bonuses, but now that it's a morale bonus instead it's useless to me.

I'm 6 behind now. I have a "decrease top 3 AORs by 40" that I haven't used yet and in a few more missions I'll have "decrease all AORs by 60." Once I get that I'll get rid of the higher 3 in order to get the better high-value missions, but I don't see a point in clearing out the other bottom 3, I'm always at max morale so +200 morale isn't going to do me much good.

I have to agree with you in that they have lost their allure with the change from Merit points to morale. However in the spirit of the game I keep clearing them out. I used the "decrease top 3 AORs by 40" to clear out 4 insurgencies and will have the next one soon and will use it when there are a few more AOR's to clear out.

I'm saving my Decrease all Insurgencies by 60 until I hit level 200 and open the next AOR. Then it'll lower 3 AORs and give me the 25/25 morale medal.

I'd have to agree that its kind of a useless incentive, if you play with any sort of regularity your morale will always stay maxed. This is especially true after the change to cap Missed CR at -40. Its damn near impossible to get the - morale incentive after that.

Yeah I was planning on looking into how exactly I was going to achieve that the negative morale medals eventually...

I suppose we got what we asked for, but the problems with morale still aren't fixed... the morale stuff could prove complicated...

I have no idea how I'm going to get all the INT required from now on... Mathematically, the ridic amounts of trips to Tim Horton's to get INT don't pay off in the long run vs. high-value missions.

Back