• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Katie's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Poor Baby

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/28/inmate.tattoo.ap/index.html

Hope that was the kindest thing that they did to him. now to quote paracowboy "kneel, face the ditch"

Trinity said:
Prision hates child molesters.
He got off lite.

For now.  He won't be hard to miss.  Even if they transfer him.

I'd still rather have an effective criminal justice system.  This story only makes me feel good until I remember all the child molesters with intact foreheads.

Could be that someone has reinstituted the deterent system of criminal justice.  He'll never be safe in prison or on the street. 
Dangerous offender, point and shot.

he probably...more then likely won't survive much longer. Like the Padre said....prisoners hate child molesters...

This is a good start for him. I guess it's the intro and I hope more 'signs' shows up.
He's not going to get out of this one this easy. And good for him.

He better be careful when he bends...

Rant on:
Geezuz Murphy... do we really  want a bunch of thieves, murderers, drug dealers, arsonists, rapists etc. etc. carrying out our justice for us?

Everytime I hear a "yay for prison justice" I wanna puke. These "people" are in prison because they have rejected society, broken its rules (sometimes in bizarre and horrific ways). They don't represent me, and they sure as hell aren't my representative in the so-called justice system.

I'd rather waste my time and breath on trying to reform the legal systems, toughening up the laws, making judges more accountable for their decisions, empowering the COs and police, etc.

Rant off:  huff, puff, huff, puff... Whoa - hit a nerve there... Sorry people. I just hate the thought of prisoners representing me... Although I do see the irony in the article

pronto, I can understand your rant.
At least what you said does make sense in a way.

If people would spend more time and energy making plan A work .. we wouldn't need to worry about plan B.

pronto said:
Rant on:
Geezuz Murphy... do we really  want a bunch of thieves, murderers, drug dealers, arsonists, rapists etc. etc. carrying out our justice for us?

Everytime I hear a "yay for prison justice" I wanna puke. These "people" are in prison because they have rejected society, broken its rules (sometimes in bizarre and horrific ways). They don't represent me, and they sure as hell aren't my representative in the so-called justice system.

I'd rather waste my time and breath on trying to reform the legal systems, toughening up the laws, making judges more accountable for their decisions, empowering the COs and police, etc.

Rant off:  huff, puff, huff, puff... Whoa - hit a nerve there... Sorry people. I just hate the thought of prisoners representing me... Although I do see the irony in the article

I agree with that one. Unfortunately at times the legal system DOES fail no matter how much we try to make it fool proof (especially with our current 'revolving door' style CJ system) However, on an upside crime IS going down  ;D but that could just mean ppl are reporting it less? :-\

Just because this is a democracy doesn't mean that you can blame the populace when the appointed officials drop the ball on a fundamental level.  I don't think the energy I use in posting here detracts from serious efforts at reform.

At any rate, what do you think of this other looser?

http://www.edmsun.canoe.ca/News/Edmonton/2006/10/17/2048745-sun.html

He volunteers to watch his live-in girlfriend's toddler while she goes to work, then ends up killing her when she won't quiet down.  The paper edition of the Sun reported the sentence today: only manslaughter.  I'll post that link once it's available.

I'd say he deserves the second-degree murder charge, which he did not get.  I've got two daughters of my own, though I'm only 25.  They don't cry because they feel like it, but because they need something.  Once you figure it out, they stop.  They're also very sensitive to any display of anger, and they'll react.  That's when the accused should have clued in and stopped, not after he had already killed her.

Plus, he only had to deal with one at a time.  With only one child to take care of, it is possible to do something else to relax yourself.
Couldn't he last ~8 hours?

The objective criminology student in me thinks our legal system is FUBAR, and that this is only another small symptom of me.

The emotional part of me is pleased, though. I'll be surprised if he lives through his sentence.

Trinity said:
Prision hates child molesters.
He got off lite.

maybe for now...and...I hope he shites his pants EVERY time the cell door slides open for "brekky" or "showers"...

Criminals, although criminals, have their own code.  Filth like this POC is NOT respected in that code.

I am sure he will get what he deserves..provided he was RIGHTFULLY convicted, with DNA evidence and all that.

There can be no doubt.  And IF there isn't...I hope he falls into a meat grinder.

Brihard said:
The objective criminology student in me thinks our legal system is FUBAR

yes...the objective crim student in me as well :D

I'd say he deserves the second-degree murder charge, which he did not get.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
If he would of killed a deer, he would of got life.

The laws needs to be revised. This is sick.

As promised, here's the link for the Edmonton case.  Nothing but more bad news.

http://edmsun.canoe.ca/News/Edmonton/2006/10/18/2059185-sun.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back