• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau urges young PPC supporter to 'do more praying' over abortion stance

I wouldn't say it was just that.

If you listen/watch the full exchange here, it wasn't a drive-by "you should pray more". He stood there and engaged the kid, then when the kid tried to slide this way or that, he kept him on topic and then at the end, made the remark of "Sounds like you need to do a little more thinking, and, and a little more praying on it as well,”.

It was over 2 minutes with almost zero dead air, and the video starts with them already talking about something else. The big takeaway for me was that at no point does Trudeau raise his voice.
If that’s the worst that this kid is at that age, I’ll take it…defending, albeit with some questionable consistency, his position with the country’s PM.

Put JT back to the same age and he was dressing up blacks and Arabs and groping girls around the chest and behaving questionably against the opposite sex…

And as others have stated, the young guy deserves his opinion, not being a moistly-spoken at wedge issue launching point, but it seems that’s the style of politics we’re getting now…not leader in leaders, but leader in citizen. Just because Trudeau didn’t raise his voice, doesn’t mean his being above board.

I have no issue with not giving Trudeau a pass on his past, when others are critiquing someone now at the same point in life as when he was being a disingenuous and questionably behaving person.

I’m not sure I understand why anyone would be upset about this interaction one way or another.

The student was well spoken enough and not confrontational despite his difference of political opinion. No eff Trudeau, no throwing gravel etc etc. Just a conversation.

The PM for his part engaged one on one with someone who did not agree with him or his party. Again a conversation.

I’m sure they both knew though that cameras were rolling and I’m sure both sought to exploit that.

Edit. This looks like it was a Reddit post that made the rounds. My bad.

Also note that it’s an interaction between the PM and a student. The PM has some debate experience over that kid so of course it would look somewhat lob sided and make the PM look good by comparison.

I’m not sure I understand why anyone would be upset about this interaction one way or another.

The student was well spoken enough and not confrontational despite his difference of political opinion. No eff Trudeau, no throwing gravel etc etc. Just a conversation.

The PM for his part engaged one on one with someone who did not agree with him or his party. Again a conversation.

I’m sure they both knew though that cameras were rolling and I’m sure both sought to exploit that.

Edit. This looks like it was a Reddit post that made the rounds. My bad.

Also note that it’s an interaction between the PM and a student. The PM has some debate experience over that kid so of course it would look somewhat lob sided and make the PM look good by comparison.

I think its a big nothing burger for both sides. Two people chatted with opposing views and were reasonably respectful of each other.

Sounds to me like a model the HoC could learn from!

Some people are desperate for anything positive about Trudeau to cling to which will absolve them of guilt for continuing to vote for him.

The kid says he's mostly Christian. Trudeau's response is to say "so you don't think we should be supporting Muslims?"

Trudeaus implying to be Christian means your anti-Muslim.

If you listen/watch the full exchange here, it wasn't a drive-by "you should pray more". He stood there and engaged the kid, then when the kid tried to slide this way or that, he kept him on topic and then at the end, made the remark of "Sounds like you need to do a little more thinking, and, and a little more praying on it as well,”.

It was over 2 minutes with almost zero dead air, and the video starts with them already talking about something else. The big takeaway for me was that at no point does Trudeau raise his voice.
2 minutes to listen to the breathless one? No thanks.

I've never cared for the man, he just grates me the wrong way. I think that he is a very good actor, but when that façade drops; like his interaction with the Sioux River Girl a couple of years ago, you see the true entitled frat boy that doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. The sooner he's gone the better, but I fear that we'll be saddled with him and his cabal of sycophants for 7 more years.

Some people are desperate for anything positive about Trudeau to cling to which will absolve them of guilt for continuing to vote for him.

The kid says he's mostly Christian. Trudeau's response is to say "so you don't think we should be supporting Muslims?"

#gaslightingmasterclass

The fact is there is a lot of commonality between Islam and Christianity. Yes there are some differences in style of worship but the basic theme is "don't be an asshole to others".

The fact is there is a lot of commonality between Islam and Christianity. Yes there are some differences in style of worship but the basic theme is "don't be an asshole to others".
For sure.

It's a strawman argument of course, Trudeau can't debate without them. You go with what you know and in Trudeaus case that's immediately falling back on insinuating opponents are racist/misogynistic/anti-science.

I fear that we'll be saddled with him and his cabal of sycophants for 7 more years.

Reminds me of a post in,

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux​

The folks with serious TDS might not survive that long without stroking out.

I too enjoy helping governments that ignore foreign interference in our elections win.
Happens to make no difference in my riding, which is a stronghold that an inanimate carbon rod could hold under the LPC banner, but even as a protest vote they seem to visit the circus each year to find the CPC and NDP candidates. So if I vote for the best candidate for the actual MP, it's usually the LPC.

Foreign election interference isn't really anything new though, just easier now that they can slide through social media.

I'm back in Ottawa Central now. So once again my vote will go to the candidate with the best chance to beat the LPC seal.

I'm back in Ottawa Central now. So once again my vote will go to the candidate with the best chance to beat the LPC seal.

So NDP then... Many are expecting the unsuccessful candidate in Ottawa's last mayoral race to run for the NDP next time. Given that the current MP is currently sounding out a provincial Liberal party leadership run, there could be a vacancy there sooner rather than later.

That's because he wasn't speaking to a woman.

Anybody applauding Trudeau for handling this teen in a debate/argument has pretty low standards.

Will Trudeau ever have the guts to debate in parliament with such enthusiasm as did with this kid? Nope. He will continue give sideways answers as he always does or simply not answer questions. He is a moral coward.

As some have noted, there are people who look desperately for any reason to support Trudeau. Seriously?

The best thing that can happen to the Liberals at this point is to ditch Trudeau and put as much distance between themselves and him.

Reactions: QV
@JLB50 "Well, I hate to say it but my opinion of JT just moved up a notch. Damn!"

Come on. Trudeau doesn't give a rats fart about supporting Abortion rights, trans rights or stopping hate speech. He exploits the idea of those issues to make people support him out of FEAR. Don't avoid the bad guys, they are bad.
He also brings this up to take the heat off of him for the Trudeau foundation fiasco and Beijing electoral interference.

Dude, please tell me you saw this?

Reactions: QV
@JLB50 "Well, I hate to say it but my opinion of JT just moved up a notch. Damn!"

Come on. Trudeau doesn't give a rats fart about supporting Abortion rights, trans rights or stopping hate speech. He exploits the idea of those issues to make people support him out of FEAR. Don't avoid the bad guys, they are bad.
He also brings this up to take the heat off of him for the Trudeau foundation fiasco and Beijing electoral interference.

Dude, please tell me you saw this?
I am not a Trudeau fan and am hoping to see him either get defeated or resign. But, like me or hate me for it, I am in favour of abortion rights. And just as there is a left wing mob that refuses to see anything good about what the right says, I refuse to accept the pressure from the right that a Liberal politician (whether PM or MP) can not have anything valid to say, even if it’s not something I necessarily agree with. And, yes, that applies to JT and whether he is sincere or not.

Political discourse should not be about one side being all bad and the other side being all good. It should be about who, on balance is best for the country. I do think the LPC’s time has come and gone and that JT is basically a spent force living his political life on borrowed time. And if or when Poilievre becomes PM and the leftists are saying how he has ruined the country I will defend him on the things I feel he has done right but also criticize him for what he and his party have done wrong.

I am not a Trudeau fan and am hoping to see him either get defeated or resign. But, like me or hate me for it, I am in favour of abortion rights. And just as there is a left wing mob that refuses to see anything good about what the right says, I refuse to accept the pressure from the right that a Liberal politician (whether PM or MP) can not have anything valid to say, even if it’s not something I necessarily agree with. And, yes, that applies to JT and whether he is sincere or not.

Political discourse should not be about one side being all bad and the other side being all good. It should be about who, on balance is best for the country. I do think the LPC’s time has come and gone and that JT is basically a spent force living his political life on borrowed time. And if or when Poilievre becomes PM and the leftists are saying how he has ruined the country I will defend him on the things I feel he has done right but also criticize him for what he and his party have done wrong.
Well spoken even if ...! The sign of a good leader is one who can accept a difference of opinion within his own group i.e. party and work with it to provide a more inclusive result. Our current approach of banning from the party anyone who doesn't toe the line is reducing the gene pool and will inevitably produce a poorer result. The only liberals who have provided an alternative approach to issues are either gone or muzzled.

No, it was a collection of well-practiced gaslighting with a dramatic flair - at least JT has out some element of his education to use - albeit to support gaslighting and other misextrapolatiom of others’ words.

Case in point:
“Mostly Christian, so you don’t think we should be supporting Muslims?”

Out of the blue, Trudeau goes for the mold racist innuendo, with the accusation that the man doesn’t support Muslims. What a stupid/ignorant statement on Trudeau’s part - he’s Christian too. Strange that Trudeau doesn’t introspectively wonder about why he doesn’t support Muslims either…again, demonstration of an incongruent methodology of well-camouflaged personal attacks on individuals to don’t hold the same political orientation. As much as people want to believe that Trudeau’s calm tone was an example of respect, it wasn’t, the inappropriate placing of in spoken words and ideas into the man’s mouth proves that deeds/words speak volumes.

No, it was a collection of well-practiced gaslighting with a dramatic flair - at least JT has out some element of his education to use - albeit to support gaslighting and other misextrapolatiom of others’ words.

Case in point:

Out of the blue, Trudeau goes for the mold racist innuendo, with the accusation that the man doesn’t support Muslims. What a stupid/ignorant statement on Trudeau’s part - he’s Christian too. Strange that Trudeau doesn’t introspectively wonder about why he doesn’t support Muslims either…again, demonstration of an incongruent methodology of well-camouflaged personal attacks on individuals to don’t hold the same political orientation. As much as people want to believe that Trudeau’s calm tone was an example of respect, it wasn’t, the inappropriate placing of in spoken words and ideas into the man’s mouth proves that deeds/words speak volumes.
Actually Muslim is a follower of Islam - a religion. BUT most people see people from the Middle East as Muslims therefore if you are Christian you are anti Muslim.
We have a fellow from Pakistan I think who is a Christian. We have a lady from India who is a Christian. We have Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and various other faiths and colors and I have never heard one side against the other. Sowing the seeds of division seems to be a "thing" for the Trudeaus....

Back