• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Income tax surtaxes. Also, big hair and glamour bands. All coming back.

So I might be able to go to a L.A. Guns concert after all?

happy waynes world GIF

The comment section clarified. This is A Coy 3 R22eR jumping in Alaska with the Americans.

Not a jumper, but one person clarified that our Airborne forces jump with American gear when we're down there rather than bring our own kit.

Makes you wonder why we don't just move on to the T-11, but I guess it's not Airborne unless you're crippling yourself in the process...

I should have selected “all comments” vice the default - good pickup.

I thought maybe we were trialing new kit…

Having jumped CT-1s and can still remember being taken off the DZ strapped into a straight board in a field amb, I’d have to agree with the last part. I’d return my 10% disability pension for life for the ability to “get out of bed like a normal 52 year old”. 😁

Tired Fucked Up GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

I should have selected “all comments” vice the default - good pickup.

I thought maybe we were trialing new kit…

Having jumped CT-1s and can still remember being taken off the DZ strapped into a straight board in a field amb, I’d have to agree with the last part. I’d return my 10% disability pension for life for the ability to “get out of bed like a normal 52 year old”. 😁

Tired Fucked Up GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

The old 'Chute Trauma 1' was an interesting contrast to the UK's PX-4.

The former was like riding the thin end of a bullwhip, as the chute came out first.

The latter, where the rigging lines emerge first, was like a warm hug on a cold day in comparison ;)

Not surprised in the least, I've also heard rumors of 9 month tours soon

Just don't touch the thousands of Reg F, full and part reservists, or the weapons and equipment, at each of the Reserve CBGs.

Or, heaven forbid, re-align them and modernize their mandate to better support the current needs of a CAF under pressure.

There's lotsa important - and relevant - national defence stuff going on there... :)

Last edited:
I think it speaks to the CAF of the last decade that the article says “at its height, 800 personnel were deployed”…and that this number is a strain on the CAF.

Of course, anyone who spent time at ASAB and has one eye open knows that at least half the people there on RO-R4 or so weren’t actually needed to support the Ops being conducted.

Pointing the finger at you directly, JTFSC. Annoying toothless dog.

I think it speaks to the CAF of the last decade that the article says “at its height, 800 personnel were deployed”…and that this number is a strain on the CAF.

Of course, anyone who spent time at ASAB and has one eye open knows that at least half the people there on RO-R4 or so weren’t actually needed to support the Ops being conducted.

Pointing the finger at you directly, JTFSC. Annoying toothless dog.
But how else will the people we wanna groom for medals and tours to look better for promoting?

But how else will the people we wanna groom for medals and tours to look better for promoting?

It makes me laugh and grit my teeth how true this likely is…I have a long list of things that drove me to chain-smoke the times I was there.

• change of command parades
  • presiding officer certification training courses
  • emails on Christmas Eve stating “non essential personnel are stood down for Christmas” [send them the fuck home if they are non-essential]
  • “business hours” signs
  • pretty much any/everything JTFSC
  • people there who didn’t know Canadian aircraft were launching from there into Iraq and Syria
  • people who didn’t know there were Canadian aircraft there period
  • people who did know there were Canadian aircraft there but thought they took off at night to fly circles around the base to “keep them safe while they slept”.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

Just don't touch the thousands of Reg F, full and part reservists, or the weapons and equipment, at each of the Reserve CBGs.

Or, heaven forbid, re-align them and modernize their mandate to better support the current needs of a CAF under pressure.

There's lotsa important - and relevant - national defence stuff going on there... :)

We were better at it in 1944

kitslanding4o.jpg

If you want to do this sort of stuff more often, give the Naval Reserve in Victoria two CB 90 assault boats, they can double as patrol boats and landing craft.
Since it's a niche any way, on top of that deignate the reserve infantry on the coast as specializing in amphibious operations.

If you want to do this sort of stuff more often, give the Naval Reserve in Victoria two CB 90 assault boats, they can double as patrol boats and landing craft.

Actually, if you take a look at this video - you see the CB90 being used as a seagoing version of the CV90.

Same size sections, 1 section per boat in groups of about 16.

Back