• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JUSTAS: the project to buy armed Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAVs

The RCAF could end this discussion with a PR that states “we already own/operate sensors like the RPAS would have and their use in Canada is restricted IAW Canadian laws. The same restrictions would hold true for any new air vehicle”. fighters, LRP, Tac Avn, MAISR…FWSAR in the future.

It does reveal the aircraft will be based at 14 Wing Greenwood in Nova Scotia and 19 Wing Comox in British Columbia, while the main control centre will be in the Ottawa area. Yellowknife is also identified as a forward operating location.

This is exactly what I’ve been hearing thru trade talk for some time. Bagotville was discussed early on and the summary of feedback from my trade was “not interested” for QOL/family concerns.

The RCAF could end this discussion with a PR that states “we already own/operate sensors like the RPAS would have and their use in Canada is restricted IAW Canadian laws. The same restrictions would hold true for any new air vehicle”. fighters, LRP, Tac Avn, MAISR…FWSAR in the future.
Frankly, the people that are outraged about RPAS being used to spy on Canadians (or worse) aren't the people who would trust RCAF PR, or the MSM.

🤷‍♂️

Frankly, the people that are outraged about RPAS being used to spy on Canadians (or worse) aren't the people who would trust RCAF PR, or the MSM.

🤷‍♂️
But they also haven’t been complaining about police or military helicopters being able to fly overhead and look at them with the same technology as those drones.

But they also haven’t been complaining about police or military helicopters being able to fly overhead and look at them with the same technology as those drones.
I think there's a disconnect there - we know that fighters, etc use EO/IR systems but I bet Joe Public thinks the pilots literally look down at the target from 30,000' (while wearing a white silk scarf and smoking a pipe) to line up their bomb runs.

Well, that's a dress issue, so it obviously has to be referred to a committee of CWOs who will complain about how things were different back when they joined, and how kids today have unreasonable expectations of being treated well and not jerked around for no reason, and will draft illogical rules that pilots will ignore.

Well, that's a dress issue, so it obviously has to be referred to a committee of CWOs who will complain about how things were different back when they joined, and how kids today have unreasonable expectations of being treated well and not jerked around for no reason, and will draft illogical rules that pilots will ignore.
Speaking of which… in the DComd RCAFs ask me anything someone brought up the glove/toque conundrum. He said something to the effect that he can’t believe that’s the kind of chicken ?)$@ people have to deal with and he’ll run it past the RCAF chief.

Speaking of which… in the DComd RCAFs ask me anything someone brought up the glove/toque conundrum. He said something to the effect that he can’t believe that’s the kind of chicken ?)$@ people have to deal with and he’ll run it past the RCAF chief.
Yup. That was glorious.

Then there was the side-chat that some Wings have Standing Orders that de-link toques and gloves and some don't, so it's not even standardized between locations.

I’d settle for one that doesn’t come off at the seams after 2 months of light use.
Peerless Garments has entered the chat

Yup. That was glorious.

Then there was the side-chat that some Wings have Standing Orders that de-link toques and gloves and some don't, so it's not even standardized between locations.

Peerless Garments has entered the chat
I looked into this; so the authority for wear of operational dress is the formation Commander, so this is absolutely possible.

I’d settle for one that doesn’t come off at the seams after 2 months of light use.
My gloves that I got from the USCG (Wiley-x Aries) are finally wearing out after ~5 years, and I don’t need to take them off every time I want to use my EFB (they’re cut-off by design on thumb, index, middle-finger). Government price is $54USD a pair. But unlikely to have enough Canadian content to be able to keep us from burning.

I looked into this; so the authority for wear of operational dress is the formation Commander, so this is absolutely possible.

Note - not the Formation CWO. 🙂

My Wing is one of the ones that has actual details on toque / gloves wearing; leads to a question, is there actually a need for Wing Dress Instructions or does the CADO suffice?

* I have ignored this Chart for many years now and will continue to do so.

Back