• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just wanted to share

littlebug

Inactive
Reaction score
I was at Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up a few things before work, one of which was a bit of yellow ribbon to wear on my uniform.  I am truely disheartened that my restaurant has not hung a single yellow ribbon even though many of our customers are from the military family, so I will wear one instead.  Anywho, I made my way down to the fabric department, and was asked by saleslady #1 if she could help, I said I need ribbon, she said, let me guess yellow.  Well all the wider stuff is sold out, I only have thin ribbon left.  This was ok and touching at the same time - I wanted thin ribbon, but to know they were sold out was something special.  I choose my ribbon and go to wait to get it cut.  There was a lady in line ahead of me getting yellow fabrix cut - it seems that yellow fabric is as popular as yellow ribbon.  Saleslady #2 mentioned this, adn wondered why so many people were buying yellow yesterday.  The lady ahead of me and I explained how a group of soldiers were coming home and the yellow was to welcome them.  The lady ahead of me turned and asked if I had anyone coming home.  I struggled not to cry as I said no, mine just went over so that these guys could come home and that he would be back in February.  I lost it when she said "let me give you a hug to thank you for being so brave", and she did, right there in the middle of the fabric department.  She didn't have anyone coming home, just wanted to decorate her yard - she lives 4 miles out of town and wanted to do her part.
I think this really is "Friendly Manitoba"
Just wanted to share.

Thanks for this littlebug. Those that care will show it.

Ah shit - now you made me sniffle - great to hear the little stories that make what we do really matter.

littlebug said:
I was at Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up a few things before work, one of which was a bit of yellow ribbon to wear on my uniform.  I am truely disheartened that my restaurant has not hung a single yellow ribbon even though many of our customers are from the military family, so I will wear one instead.  Anywho, I made my way down to the fabric department, and was asked by saleslady #1 if she could help, I said I need ribbon, she said, let me guess yellow.  Well all the wider stuff is sold out, I only have thin ribbon left.  This was ok and touching at the same time - I wanted thin ribbon, but to know they were sold out was something special.  I choose my ribbon and go to wait to get it cut.  There was a lady in line ahead of me getting yellow fabrix cut - it seems that yellow fabric is as popular as yellow ribbon.  Saleslady #2 mentioned this, adn wondered why so many people were buying yellow yesterday.  The lady ahead of me and I explained how a group of soldiers were coming home and the yellow was to welcome them.  The lady ahead of me turned and asked if I had anyone coming home.  I struggled not to cry as I said no, mine just went over so that these guys could come home and that he would be back in February.  I lost it when she said "let me give you a hug to thank you for being so brave", and she did, right there in the middle of the fabric department.  She didn't have anyone coming home, just wanted to decorate her yard - she lives 4 miles out of town and wanted to do her part.
I think this really is "Friendly Manitoba"
Just wanted to share.

Wow very cool! Hang in there  :salute:

Back