• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just applied.

lethalLemon

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just sent in my application to CFRC Vancouver for the MP RESO plan (as recommended to me by a CFRG member during a recruiting info seminar) and was just wondering if there is any solid educational requirements for the MP RESO? I've looked high and low for any official documentation and haven't found anything (or I'm blind); however when I mentioned to the Sergeant from CFRC Vancouver that I'm currently a Criminology student - they recommended that I apply for that entry plan.

Also, anyone in the Lower Mainland and/or Surrey know of a quick and easy route to the Col Sherman Armoury in Richmond (if there's opening and selected etc etc)? I just moved out here and I'm not very familiar with the region and I don't have my own vehicle, currently relying on public transportation to make my way around.

Cheers!

My unit parades at the same armoury and I can give you directions if you let me know approximately where you are coming from.

I'm coming from 164 Street and Fraser Highway in Fleetwood, Surrey. It's out in the middle of nowhere basically; brand new subdivisions... some of the streets aren't even named yet

1. take the 502 bus to surrey central skytrain station
2. hop on the westbound skytrain to 22nd ave station
3. take the 410 all the way to no. 4 road and cambie
4. 15 min walk down no. 4 road towards alderbridge way and you'll see the armoury.

FYI, the address is 5500 No. 4 Road, Richmond, BC V6X 3L5

Also, if you do visit, have a chat with the MP's unit clerk. I believe he transits from surrey on a daily basis so he would probably know the fastest route.

I thought to apply for the reserves, CFRC will require you to get the unit you're interested in to sign a form?

Globemaster said:
1. take the 502 bus to surrey central skytrain station
2. hop on the westbound skytrain to 22nd ave station
3. take the 410 all the way to no. 4 road and cambie
4. 15 min walk down no. 4 road towards alderbridge way and you'll see the armoury.

FYI, the address is 5500 No. 4 Road, Richmond, BC V6X 3L5

Also, if you do visit, have a chat with the MP's unit clerk. I believe he transits from surrey on a daily basis so he would probably know the fastest route.

I thought to apply for the reserves, CFRC will require you to get the unit you're interested in to sign a form?

Excellent, thank you!

I wasn't too sure, I had gone into CFRC Vancouver and the Sergeant there just handed me an application and said "See you soon!", I put in the wrong address and rather than go get a new application package; I filed an online application and it asked me for the unit but the list did not include 12 (Vancouver) Military Police Platoon.

Back