• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just applied to the 48th Highlanders. Quick Question.

badsector

Inactive
Reaction score
Like the topic said, I just submitted my application to the 48th Highlanders in Toronto.  I was wondering what is a good time to phone up to see how your app is doing, if you are experiencing a long wait.  I just applied last Tuesday so I'm not in a hurry to phone yet.  Just a question for the future.

Thanks  :cdn:

Anytime during the day, on week days,

Tuesday and Friday evenings, after 1900rs

dileas

tess

But I would be patient, check out the forums and you will get a feel for the time some people have waited, and were rewarded with call

I was told I could start by November, so I'm guessing I am going to need some luck to hopefully get the ball rolling.  I'm ready for the app/physical I just need that call.

Give it a few weeks.  The summer exercise was last week, and they are going to be gearing up for the new training year which means going over course reports and evaluations for all the soldiers who were working during the summer, and figuring out were best to employ them.  Don't worry, the people in our recruiting office are good at thier jobs and they try and get you processed as quickly as possible.  But don't forget appointments for medicals and physical tests are set by the CFRC, not us.

I am in pretty much the same situation as the person who started this thread, but I have a lot of patience so this post is not regarding that matter. I also applied to the 48th highlanders, and I just wanted some clarification on the start date for the upcoming bmq course. i know a specific date probably has not been set, but would it be in November or October(early, middle or late in the month). This might seem like a pointless question, but I will be a full-time university student in two weeks in another city (in a very demanding program), and would have midterms/final exams in these months, so knowing the approximate starting date as soon as possible is very important to me so i could plan accordingly. 

If your unable to do the weekend BMQ, you could do it full time in the summer.

MikeL said:
If your unable to do the weekend BMQ, you could do it full time in the summer.

yes I am aware of that and decided that it would be possible for me to do the weekend BMQ. my question was regarding the starting dates (see last post). my apologies if my post implied something else..

I went down to the Moss Park armoury today (tuesday august 31) at about 1915 to get my application papers for the reserves, and the doors were all locked. On the website for the 48th Highlanders, they say that on Tuesdays and Fridays they are open from 1900 to 2200. Can anyone from the 48th tell me what I need to do to get in the armoury?

Well, the annual summer ex just finished this past sunday so, all the full time staff will be probably be off for the next few days.  Your best bet is to always call ahead and make sure someone is there first.

I called the BOR regarding another matter, they will all be back next week.

In the mean time check out our link we have in personnel locator forum, 48th Highlanders, as we have quite a crowd on the site, spanning many genrations of mafioso.

dileas

tess

I phone the other day and the recording said "The office is closed until the 6th of September."

:cdn:

Thanks for the replys. I guess I should have called before I went down. Just can't wait 'til the 6th ;D

Outta curiosity, have you already spoken with our recruiters?  If you haven't I suggest you give the call before you come down, just they have some stuff ready for you when you arrive.

No, I haven't spoken with any recruiters yet. I'll be sure to give them a call before I head down. Thanks for the advice.

Back