• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jujitsu moves foil teenager's attackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mover1

Inactive
Reaction score
YOu guys have already seen this but I thought it was noteworthy......... :threat:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/01/31/jujitsu-teen060131.html

Jujitsu moves foil teenager's attackers
Last Updated Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:16:41 EST
CBC News
Two would-be robbers tried to mess with the wrong girl in Nova Scotia.

The 15-year-old was walking down a main street in the core of Dartmouth, near Halifax, on Monday night when she was approached by two young men. One tried to pull away her knapsack.

However, the teenager, fully trained in the 2,500-year-old martial art of jujitsu, used a defensive technique to punch one of the men in the face, knocking him to the ground. When the second man came at her, she kicked him in the groin and punched him in the shoulder.

Both men ran away – without the knapsack.

The girl told police she may have dislocated the second attacker's shoulder or elbow.

Both suspects, about 17 or 18, were wearing puffy jackets with fur on the collars.

mover1 said:
The girl told police she may have dislocated the second attacker's shoulder or elbow.

And I suppose the "attackers" will charge her with assult....

muffin

mover1 said:
You guys have already seen this but I thought it was noteworthy......... :threat:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/01/31/jujitsu-teen060131.html

Both suspects, about 17 or 18, were wearing puffy jackets with fur on the collars.

There goes their street cred. Good job.  :salute:

Frankie said:
There goes their street cred. Good job.  :salute:

Theay had any? Stealing crap from a 15year old girl....wearing puffy jackets with fur....getting beat up by said 15 year old is just the icing on the cake.......

muffin said:
And I suppose the "attackers" will charge her with assult....
muffin

Would it surprise you? Wouldnt surprise me.

Puffy jackets with fur lining "Ranbow Bright" embroudery accentuated with Strawberry shortcake lip Gloss and care bear accesories.......

Hey now, I own a down parka with a fur-lined hood. What's wrong with that?

Theres a difference between a mans down filled parka and a chickies poofy coat with furry hood...

I would have been more impressed if she threw 1 into a flying Arm-bar, snapped his elbow, then caught the other in a choke and put his adams apple into his chest.

;D

Sh0rtbUs said:
I would have been more impressed if she threw 1 into a flying Arm-bar, snapped his elbow, then caught the other in a choke and put his adams apple into his chest.

;D
I'm sure she wouldn't mind demonstrating on you for the rest of us. ;D

Glorified Ape said:
Hey now, I own a down parka with a fur-lined hood. What's wrong with that?

It only goes down to the mid waist. Its form fitting. Hot pink and doesn't go with your short shorts or Cowboy boots.........The only good thisn is your belt buckle hides the camel toe.... :blotto:

Ahhh, so it's the cut an colour. Well, I'm safe then - below the waist, non-form fitting, and olive drab.

What a funny story. If you look at the details, it's actually pretty odd as well. Since when is a 15yo girl able to knock someone to the ground with a punch to the head? He must have been a sissy.. And how could she dislocate a guy's "shoulder or elbow" with a punch? Also, if she was "fully trained" in JJ, why couldn't she hit the guy in a more effective target than "the shoulder" after having the accuracy to kick him in the groin. The ignorance of reporters with regards to martial arts is humorous.. If the details ARE accurate, what a sad group of teenagers, apart from the fact they tried to steal from her.

However, the teenager, fully trained in the 2,500-year-old martial art of jujitsu, used a defensive technique to punch one of the men in the face, knocking him to the ground. When the second man came at her, she kicked him in the groin and punched him in the shoulder.

Stauds said:
What a funny story. If you look at the details, it's actually pretty odd as well. Since when is a 15yo girl able to knock someone to the ground with a punch to the head? He must have been a sissy.. And how could she dislocate a guy's "shoulder or elbow" with a punch? Also, if she was "fully trained" in JJ, why couldn't she hit the guy in a more effective target than "the shoulder" after having the accuracy to kick him in the groin. The ignorance of reporters with regards to martial arts is humorous.. If the details ARE accurate, what a sad group of teenagers, apart from the fact they tried to steal from her.

Good in the Dojo is one thing,

Good on the Street is something else...

Even if youve practiced a million times in the Dojo, when you get into a fight outside on the street and there is a REAL fear for your own life, its a little more difficult to focus the same way.

Im not a martial arts expert, but ive taken a couple classes here and there along the way. Im currently taking Krav Maga and the one thing we do as part of our training is scenario based stuff... meaning we walk around outside and our instructors and other students attack us... 

even though its still controlled you really do get a better idea of just how quickly a fight can occur.  and how despite all the training in the world sometimes all you can do is just punch as fast as you can and hope to make contact with something vulnerable...

anyways, thats just my .02

regards
    Josh

Cpl Thompson said:
Good in the Dojo is one thing,

Good on the Street is something else...

Even if youve practiced a million times in the Dojo, when you get into a fight outside on the street and there is a REAL fear for your own life, its a little more difficult to focus the same way.

Im not a martial arts expert, but ive taken a couple classes here and there along the way. Im currently taking Krav Maga and the one thing we do as part of our training is scenario based stuff... meaning we walk around outside and our instructors and other students attack us... 

even though its still controlled you really do get a better idea of just how quickly a fight can occur.  and how despite all the training in the world sometimes all you can do is just punch as fast as you can and hope to make contact with something vulnerable...

anyways, thats just my .02

regards
    Josh

Strikes to areas of the face and groin sound like pretty reliable self deffence. Right out of the first few chapters of Get Tough...

Yup.. she knew what she was doing.... at least enough to get the guys to give up on trying to rob her... and do god knows what else.

from what ive learned in Krav. the key is to basically put your attacker on the defensive until he a. is incapacitaded, or b. gives up and runs away. you just keep striking until the person doesnt view you as being worth the effort... 

cheers
    Josh

Betcha those two hooligans were bragging about it at school the next day.

"Lookee fellas, aren't my blacks eyes all the rage?"

Good for her, hope those two learned something, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back