• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTF-2/Airborne destined for land north of Trenton?

There's a wiki on the CAR organization etc here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Airborne_Regiment seems to coincided with some of my foggy recollections.

I love the idle speculation.

Is JTF2 not suppose to move to Trenton sometime in the next 5 yrs?
How long in advance of that move would DND have to aquire land, build infastructure, and prepare for the unit's arrival so that the unit's readiness would not be affected?

It takes 2 yrs to build a building on a base....how long in advance of 1 CMBG's move were they renovating buildings?

St. Micheals Medical Team said:

How long in advance of that move would DND have to aquire land, build infastructure, and prepare for the unit's arrival so that the unit's readiness would not be affected?

It takes 2 yrs to build a building on a base....how long in advance of 1 CMBG's move were they renovating buildings?
Well up until they moved there really...but you do have a point.  When I first read the story I thought exactly what you posted.  Sometime 1+1=2

MJP said:
Well up until they moved there really...but you do have a point.  When I first read the story I thought exactly what you posted.  Sometime 1+1=2

don't forget the murphy and political factor...both bases i've been on that had significant infastructure dollars input were closed....

Well,

If someone was smart, opening up a bar 100 metres from the front gate and calling it Sassy's 2, they would make tons of cash!

hmmm......

dileas

tess

It would not do well if that is the only unit  around to support it

Ladies night Wednesdays,  Molson Canadian on tap and bottle.  Small Dance floor with the d.j suspended in the air.  A bunch of pool tables.  A donair place across the street.  Shooters or Beer for two bucks on Thursdays until 8pm.

The cash would pour in!

dileas

tess

It would not do well if that is the only unit  around to support it

Oh yes it would.  I think even a platoon of airborne could keep any bar flooding with cash!

Thats what I said on the first page (bout JTF 2).

But sadly I dont believe they will recreate an Airborne Regiment. Not unless some future engagement can effectively use them.

GreyMatter said:
But sadly I dont believe they will recreate an Airborne Regiment. Not unless some future engagement can effectively use them.

But, it'll never go by the name of CAR....

Airborne units are so passe...

SOF is the new airborne.

geo said:
But, it'll never go by the name of CAR....
Never say "Never". 

Remember when we were told "We'll never have tanks again?"  "We'll never promote you?" (the last one was about me) :D

Journeyman said:
Promoting Capt Sensible, now THAT was a stupid move!   >:D
Well, they had to: Lieutenant Sensible was, well, just stupid sounding!  :D

Formerly the 'Officer-Cadet Sensible'.... at one time your name was a contradiction in terms...

GreyMatter said:
Formerly the 'Officer-Cadet Sensible'.... at one time your name was a contradiction in terms...
And before that it was "Master Corporal Sensible"....."Corporal Sensible"...heck, back in the Militia, at one time I was "Sergeant Sensible!"

Captain Sensible said:
And before that it was "Master Corporal Sensible"....."Corporal Sensible"...heck, back in the Militia, at one time I was "Sergeant Sensible!"

Just goes to show you that Reg or Res ... apparently no-one's got too much sense!!  >:D

Gee, with all these changes, it actually morphed into an oxymoron...  ;D

Back