• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2) - Canadian Special Forces

Dudes, If you have a question- call the recruiter. Theres a guy who gets paid to answer all these questions. Asking those questions here is doing yourself a disservice because 99% of the people who answer arent within the community- therefore are not authorities on the info.
Lastly, if you're the timid guy who doesnt want to call the recruiter to ask a question, for whatever reason, its indicative your not the kinda person they want-or you dont want to know it bad enough..

Mods maybe we could shut this thread down and fire up a new thread? Thoughts?

BearW said:
Mods maybe we could shut this thread down and fire up a new thread? Thoughts?
The same people who aren't phoning the recruiters are the same ones asking repetitive questions here because they're not sufficiently motivated to read the 39 pages (so far) of posts.

Just think of it as another indicator, and let it run  ;)

BearW said:
Dudes, If you have a question- call the recruiter. Theres a guy who gets paid to answer all these questions. Asking those questions here is doing yourself a disservice because 99% of the people who answer arent within the community- therefore are not authorities on the info.

;D

Oh.  That deserves a double  ;D

Why? 

You said to call the Recruiter, that 99% of the people here arent (aren't) within the community.......yadda, yadda, yadda.

And the Recruiter is? 

Heck most of the Recruiters I have seen have been Reservists.  But, what the hey.

This topic is just as good as the one where others comment in that they want to be a "James Bond".  We all know who they are.  If we lock this topic up, some other jtf2ninjasniperwannabe will only start a new one, not having bothered to read this one.

BearW said:
...Mods maybe we could shut this thread down and fire up a new thread? Thoughts?

BW, although there is no doubt a bunch of nause in the thread, I have more of an inclination to let it slowly poke along and to just trim out posts that indicate someone isn't as serious about finding an answer to their question as they make themselves out to be.  On the whole, the thread isn't as bad as some of its precursors have been.  ;)

Cheers
G2G

silver said:
It wouldn't make sense to interpret this as Bear suggesting that the person call the local CF recruiting center since they would basically be no help on these matters, and a quick glance at Bears profile info makes me think he knows better than to be suggesting that.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense to interpret his comments in the way someone completely unfamiliar with CANSOFCOM units would, and when someone says "Recruiter" the automatic intepretation is a CF Recruiter.  Given the broad audience here, if a more specific context is intended, then it must be stated clearly to be meaningful.

Not to speak for Bear, but I interpretted things the way I believe he did, in that those who are serving and have questions can contact the JTF 2 recruiting contact directly, per the info on their internet-based recruiting page ( http://www.jtf2.forces.gc.ca/rec/index-eng.asp ).

Anyone can download and read this information booklet about JTF 2 (link).

There were enough folks bouncing in and out of the thread, that it was hard to keep track of whether the question was being asked by a serving member, albeit a less-experienced one unfamiliar with the Unit or the Command processes, or a civilian asking what seemed like semi-informed queries.

Summary:

- Serving member with a question - contact unit at above link.

- Civilian interested in joining CF (including basic info about career requirements to apply to any CANSOFCOM unit) - contact their local CFRC.

Regards
G2G

Thank u dudes, for clarifying those "implied tasks" for me. Ill take note of that next time when consider my audience.

For those who want to seriously do "it" (selection)- you will find a way.
For those who dont- may you continue to ask questions like " which recruiter and where do i find his number?". Thats a question intelligent, motivated self starters already know the answer to- or know where to look.

HI

I was wondering if there was any way to do a background check on somebody who claims to have been in this unit, JTF2. Here is his site

http://forwardmomentumcoaching.com/about-me/

His name is Sean Taylor. Hopefully this is okay to do, it is wrong to let imposters who make claims which are false to be brought to attention

sean m said:
His name is Sean Taylor. Hopefully this is okay to do, it is wrong to let imposters who make claims which are false to be brought to attention
That's a pretty serious indictment; upon what are you basing your accusation?

Would it really take a background check to figure that mystery out after reading his site? LOL.

sean m said:
I was wondering if there was any way to do a background check on somebody who claims to have been in this unit, JTF2. Here is his site ....

Sean,
There is literally thousands of former and currently serving troops who have served in JTF2, not all of them assaulters.

If your unsure, ask him yourself.

sean m,

No doubt there are people who impersonate CF members - here's one - but that doesn't mean that all who lay claim to service, no matter what they did while in, are doing so.

Leave google alone for a while.

Someone just dropped me a line to say my name was brought up in this thread. If the spelling being used is Shaun Taylor, well that's me. If the spelling being used is Sean Taylor, that's someone else. ;-)

I don't have much to say other than I was in JTF2, as part of the originals. Trained as an assaulter and sniper. I left the teams as a W.O. after 3yrs at the hill. I didn't read this entire thread so I don't think I have much else to add, particularly since anything I did on the teams back in the day pales in comparison to the guys that are there now. My sincerest respect goes out to them.

If you have doubts about any of this, feel free to drop me a line at: staylor @ attglobal.net

I should add a couple more things... Hi to anyone out there that knows me, and all the best to you.

Like I said before; Literally thousands of serving and former soldiers have been part of that unit in the last (almost) 20 years.

One of my buddies told me you have to be from the best schools, best everything to even make it into JTF2. I always thought if you scored high on the CFAT and are in top shape you could make it?

sean m said:
HI

I was wondering if there was any way to do a background check on somebody who claims to have been in this unit, JTF2. Here is his site

http://forwardmomentumcoaching.com/about-me/

staylor said:
Someone just dropped me a line to say my name was brought up in this thread. If the spelling being used is Shaun Taylor, well that's me. If the spelling being used is Sean Taylor, that's someone else. ;-)

I don't have much to say other than I was in JTF2, as part of the originals. Trained as an assaulter and sniper. I left the teams as a W.O. after 3yrs at the hill. I didn't read this entire thread so I don't think I have much else to add, particularly since anything I did on the teams back in the day pales in comparison to the guys that are there now. My sincerest respect goes out to them.

If you have doubts about any of this, feel free to drop me a line at: staylor @ attglobal.net

I should add a couple more things... Hi to anyone out there that knows me, and all the best to you.

sean m,

Say what now?

Hope those HUMINT skills develop a little better than you've shown so far. :facepalm:

Reviving an old thread:

I'm interested in applying to the Hill as a support MP. If anyone has any insight on the process throw me a PM. I just want some basic information, I'm not looking for details that shouldn't be talked about online. I've got my paperwork filled out, and I'm about to hand it in. I've got a meeting with the career manager next week, so I'll see what he can tell me as well. I'm currently an MP, but new enough to not have my 5's yet.
Any info would be great,

Cheers,

Supportwannabe

Back