• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining with no work experience?

arx26

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I've turned 19 recently, and have had to move a lot in the past two years due to covid causing financial problems for my family. We are now stable and have a home but I haven't been able to get a job during that time of frequent moving, and there are no jobs in the small town I now live in. I've worked with computers my entire life and basically know them software and hardware wise inside and out, so a military position in tech or communication seems like a career with what skills I have, I would enjoy, and would also help out my country or maybe even others.

I seem to have a rather inconvenient issue though, although I qualify in the other categories I don't have any previous employment, or references other then my family. I've searched for a quite a while but haven't been able to find anybody in my position asking the same question, and figured maybe you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time, Just wondering what I could do.

Lots of people join CAF with no prior work experience- and having been 17 at the start of the pandemic, very understandable. If you have concerns about any of the paperwork and references, discuss with a recruiter.

There are plenty of people who will never have had another job before CAF and will never have another job after retirement from it. This is not a show stopper.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply, I am wondering if it is still possible to register online despite it's required references or if I would need to find a nearby recruitment place. I'm not sure of any places near me, but I'll have to do some research if such is the case.

Back