• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining army reserves, to try military life then enrolling with different branch

Reounknight

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to join the Army Reserves for a year or two, before enrolling with a contract to the Navy or Air force.
is it possible to go this route (to first see if I like it) before committing full term?

I recommend trying one of these camps out first. https://www.canada.ca/en/army/services/bold-eagle.html

Were you in cadets at all? That would've given you good experience I'm sure.

Just so you know OPĀ  it could take months to up to a year to go from Reserve to Reg hell I even herd it could take up to 2 years

Reounknight said:
Hello,

I want to join the Army Reserves for a year or two, before enrolling with a contract to the Navy or Air force.
is it possible to go this route (to first see if I like it) before committing full term?

Not sure if you joined yet or not, but I joined the Army reserves in Feb 2012, put my transfer request in around October 2012, and was offered a Reg Force job in the RCAF in April 2014. So about 1.5 years total.

Back