• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Join The Navy and See Great Lakes

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
New recruits have to undergo a 2 week quarantine prior to the start of Basic Training. This period of isolation will be in a former water park.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/first-stop-for-navy-recruits-an-illinois-water-park-1.626534

I can just see the next story now..... "Air Force Leases Island Resort For Training". Citing a need for distancing measures the Air Force has leased a vacant five star resort in Jamaica as a training facility. Senior Officers insist it's not a swan, and the fact that the all-you-can-eat' shrimp buffet, and the swim-up bar are closed qualifies their recruits for hardship bonuses.

Staff Weenie said:
I can just see the next story now..... "Air Force Leases Island Resort For Training". Citing a need for distancing measures the Air Force has leased a vacant five star resort in Jamaica as a training facility. Senior Officers insist it's not a swan, and the fact that the all-you-can-eat' shrimp buffet, and the swim-up bar are closed qualifies their recruits for hardship bonuses.

I see they're taking their cue from Kuwait

so-youre-telling-6g9948.jpg

They should be isolating groups of 10-15 people for two weeks that can then relieve the people on the ships. Keeping each group separate, means an outbreak is small and does not stop the rest of the crew from changing. 

Colin P said:
They should be isolating groups of 10-15 people for two weeks that can then relieve the people on the ships. Keeping each group separate, means an outbreak is small and does not stop the rest of the crew from changing.

Remember that these kids have to get through Basic and then their MOS training so they have months to go before their first fleet assignment. With luck the virus will be dealt with prior to that.

Back