• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JohnnyBoy100's adventures learning it is illegal to purchase or sell issued kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnnyBoy100 said:
Jeez Im sorry Maybe I didnt know all this stuff calm down its my first post here I don't understand why your so up set...
Maybe because we are sick of having our kit swiped out of the dryer, or the windows on my truck smashed so people out there can look cool.

Listen Kid. 

It has been pointed out to you by multiple people here that having such items of issued kit is ILLEGAL as it cannot be "legally sold" by individuals as they would have had to stolen it in the first place.  How simple do you need to have things explained to you for Christ's sake?  IF you are buying stolen gear from thieves I strongly suggest you stop doing so now.  And further if you're so dammed thick to continue doing it, STFU about doing it.  Buying stolen property is in itself a crime, so therefore you are no better than the original thief.  Clear enough for you now??

JohnnyBoy100 said:

Its stolen kit.

Either your friend stole it from a member of the CF, or he reported his kit as stolen, or he bought or was given stolen kit.

Because, despite being told in another thread that buying and selling operational material is basically theft, you are here trying to flog material.  After having recieved some pointed comments I'm sure you have checked to see if you are in possession of stolen goods.

So,
A. You are too thick to take a hint about this boards attitude toward the illegal sale of kit, and have offered up stolen goods for sale.
B. You are too thick to put a verifiable caveat that you have checked and this item is legal for sale.

Either way you are thick.

Hmmmm lets see, you have admited on a public forum that you have bought a CF issued gas mask from a friend who is probably in the military and as far as i know you can't buy those on the street . So a lucky guss at what charge(s) you have admited to is possession of stolen property ( see the military actually owns it )

So now ya know why you are being called F...ing stupid and knowing is half the battle

I had it for 2 weeks im just wondering, calm down, just because I asked if I could get a CadPat Boonie has nothing to do with me asking how much my gas mask is worth.

Wow I just wanted a boonie calm down all of you, the first 30 000 c4 gas mask produced were turned down maybe its one of those god knows I just called the Local surplus store and they said they some times get them in stock I dont see why you guys act like a holes. I under stand its illegal to purchase issued kits, but if they are the ones turned down they arnt technically issued thanks for removing my thread I just asked a very simple Question. If you want to contact the MP'S so be it I have no problem telling your guys where I live so you can contact them. BTW Who said I have a Genuine CapPat boonie cap, I asked if anyone had one for sale. You can purchase gas masks online Im sure. Its a Fuc**** gas mask what I got from a friend. Who said it was stolen maybe his dads friend in the CF Gave it to him, ever think of that, I dont even know how his dad got it, you all have to simmer and stop getting so upset. And the surplus store said they would take it off my hands, if you want its called rons army navy get the MP'S after them to.

Yes, it's out fault. You're right. We're sorry. 

:prancing:

Better now?

So now you're saying that your friends dad gave his issued gas mask to him and he sold it to you. Well even though he is in the RCMP he can't just go and sell issued kit and I'm almost willing to bet that daddy dosn't know his son sold it .
Either way you are still possession of stolen property

His dad isnt in the CF, My friend said his dad gave it to him for no reason. No he didn't steal it from hsi dad, his dad gave it to him. He wore it to school for Halloween last year and I brought the subject up 3 weeks ago, I said I would buy it from him, not knowing that its the mask the cf uses, The on the side it said C4 So I looked it up and there you go it said its the current mask the cf uses. No harm done.

ArmyVern said:
Holy fuck; we need a lock here already ...

Jeez looeez Vern, can't I have a little fun on a Friday??

cat-ball.gif

JohnnyBoy100 said:
His dad isnt in the CF, My friend said his dad gave it to him for no reason. No he didn't steal it from hsi dad, his dad gave it to him. He wore it to school for Halloween last year and I brought the subject up 3 weeks ago, I said I would buy it from him, not knowing that its the mask the cf uses, The on the side it said C4 So I looked it up and there you go it said its the current mask the cf uses. No harm done.

I'm gonna break this down for you son.

We are issued our kit on loan from the crown to be used for military purposes. We are legally obligated to give it back. If it is destroyed, lost, damaged or stolen we are legally obligated to follow proper processes for that.

Most of what you're talking about may not be illegal for a civilian to own in its own right, however the specific items themselves - e.g., a C4 gas mask - are quite likely stolen. It doesn't matter if a cop gives his kid a gas mask and then you buy it from him-  at some point in time that kit has been stolen from the possession of either the crown or the person it was issued to. YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF STOLEN PROPERTY. Let's be perfectly clear on that. I don't know if you have hopes of ever being a cop or whatever, but that is something that you must know: You are knowingly in possession of something that was stolen from the military. You cannot sell whet you do not have legal title over. Besides that, many items are in and of themselves controlled goods and subject to other specific legally enforceable regulations. I do not know, but I suspect that a gas mask is probably controlled goods.

Why are we pissed off? Because WE get stolen form. Because every day some kit wants a boonie hat or a gas mask that he buys off Ebay, it's ben stolen by someone who knows they can make a buck thieving from us and flipping it for a profit illegally. By acquiring such items or seeking to, you are creating a market for stolen property, as a result of which we become victims.

If that's not clear enough for you I don't know what else will make it so. It should suffice for you that you have some half dozen professionals telling you that you are wrong and giving you explicit detail on why that is the case. Smarten up, shut your mouth and open your ears. If it hasn't dawned on you already that your opinion of us as 'acting like a holes' means the square root of f' all to anyone else here, maybe it should.

Is THAT clear enough?

Yes Im sorry for aggravating you guys and commenting rudely I gotta learn how to take responsibility for my actions.

Im sorry about your son Mr. Seggie I just looked up falling Canadian Soilders. And his Name was there.

Should I return it, where would I ? I understand what you mean people selling gear whats not theirs and could probably be returned to another solider, and I actually Want to Be an MP, But your right I should accept that im wrong. Thanks for making it clear, I wasn't sure why you guys were all mad but now im aware.

JohnnyBoy100 said:
Yes Im sorry for aggravating you guys and commenting rudely I gotta learn how to take responsibility for my actions.
Sounds Like a new post from Jay B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back