• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jian Ghomeshi alleges firing due to Fifty Shades of CBC

ModlrMike said:
1984 meets Minority Report

I fear it's more a 1984 and Atlas Shrugged scenario that we are moving into and I don't mind saying, it's making me very uncomfortable. Haven't pulled out the prepper handbooks and cookbooks yet, but I've been eyeing my bookshelf.

The self-righteous media circus surrounding this case is disgusting.  I have no doubt Ghomeshi is probably a grade A ******* but this was more of a smear campaign than an actual trial.  The "victims" come across as a bunch of vindictive idiots. 

DeCouture hired a publicist for christ sakes.  Next up, a tell-all book available at Chapters.  Anything to make a buck I guess.

May 9, 2016

Ghomeshi's sex assault charge to be withdrawn in favour of peace bond: source
http://www.680news.com/2016/05/09/jian-ghomeshi-avoiding-second-assault-trial-by-peace-bond-report/
A sexual assault charge laid against former CBC radio star Jian Ghomeshi is expected to be withdrawn Wednesday, a source has told The Canadian Press.

In exchange, Ghomeshi will first have to sign a peace bond.

Watching this story on the news the other day you could see the lynch mob mentality. The man was cleared of all charges, the testimony of the witnesses demonstrated that tho activities were consensual and continued, witnesses undermined their own case by collaborated via emails yet we still have screaming mobs carrying signs that call for "justice".

I rather doubt that they are calling for prosecutions for malicious prosecution, perjury or defamation, however.....

Thucydides said:
Watching this story on the news the other day you could see the lynch mob mentality. The man was cleared of all charges, the testimony of the witnesses demonstrated that tho activities were consensual and continued, witnesses undermined their own case by collaborated via emails yet we still have screaming mobs carrying signs that call for "justice".

I rather doubt that they are calling for prosecutions for malicious prosecution, perjury or defamation, however.....

The one that made me shake my head was the 'believe the survivors' hashtag that was floating around for a bit. Why would I believe them? They were proven to be lying in court and as such, believing them would be stupid. I know people who call the whole justice system 'broken' because of the fact they need to provide evidence, it really blows my mind. I guess it is just easier to win the publics opinion as the burden of proof there is exceptionally low.

Apology by Jian Ghomeshi to former CBC employee Kathryn Borel
http://www.680news.com/2016/05/11/text-apology-by-jian-ghomeshi-to-former-cbc-employee-kathryn-borel/

Back