• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JANUARY 2009 BMOQ

First of all...this is a thread about JAN BMOQ.  I don't think there is anything wrong with posting looking for more people that may have just gotten job offers for that serial.  And please....I do know there are not really a "couple of us" on the whole course....

I am trying to reach out to the others on my course....i don't think CDN Aviator is on the Jan 19th BMOQ....his smarky remarks are uncalled for. 

That response is definately not a guage as to how far i will go in my career.  But thanks anyway.

ada said:
i don't think CDN Aviator is on the Jan 19th BMOQ....

How astute of you. Thankfully i am well past the basic training stage.

ada said:
....i don't think CDN Aviator is on the Jan 19th BMOQ....his smarky remarks are uncalled for. 

That response is definately not a guage as to how far i will go in my career.  But thanks anyway.

It is nice that you are looking to meet others who will be on the Jan 2009 Crses, but you opened the door to another 'topic' and got what you felt was a snarky remark, but was only an answer to your own question.  As you may have noticed, I quoted you previously and you edited your post to not reflect the content that quote.  It was quite a snarky remark on your part; even more so than the original reply.  You are just as guilty, if not more so.  Accept it. 

And yes, it may be a good guage as to how far your career may progress.  It could land up summing you up.

Now......back to the topic.

Have fun on your course, everyone.  I just graduated in November.  We were told that your course is to only be 12 weeks long (condensed course - no more IAP), but I guess that's not the case.  I hear it's 15 weeks...and according to my good buddy who's on the Jan 19th course; 17 weeks!

Have fun.

Its 15 weeks....grad date is May 1.  I think in March or something the 'new' requirements and shorter basic comes into effect.  Someone else may have positive info though.

That's good.  A recruiter told my friend that his course runs from Jan 19th until nearly the end of May.  There's no way that's possible.

My unofficial offer just became official today.  Found out yesterday that Toronto emailed back my positive Aircrew status, and got the call today with the official offer.

Enrollment ceremony on January 15th, flight out of Vancouver on the 17th.

Good luck to those of you heading to BMOQ. 

Has anyone heard anything else about the shortening of the course and reduction of field time?  Ive done some poking around here and on the DIN and could not find any reference to it.

I have heard that it is after March that this will come into effect.

I got that part,

Any idea what the changes will be other then reduction in time?  Will it still be split in two courses?

Hello everyone !
Just get my message for BMOQ January 19 applying for SCP !!! ;D
Leaving for CFLRS on 16 January!!!
See you
Iouri :salute:

ltmaverick25 said:
I got that part,

Any idea what the changes will be other then reduction in time?  Will it still be split in two courses?

Ah, sorry no i didn't hear anything about course content.  I did if you are interested hear that after March if you can't do a min pushup requirement you don't even make it to RFT (for example, 3 for women) .  Anyone else hear this also?

When I was in BMQ one of the courses that started later was 10 weeks instead of 13.  They worked later, and didn't have hardly any time on weekends.  And that was assuming that they didn't mess up and get extra inspections or whatever.

At least for now, the BMOQ is still 15 weeks, but one week of field is replaced by classes at St. Jean.
And no more IAP & BOTP. IT's just one course for 15 weeks with 3 and a half weeks in the field.

ada said:
Ah, sorry no i didn't hear anything about course content.  I did if you are interested hear that after March if you can't do a min pushup requirement you don't even make it to RFT (for example, 3 for women) .  Anyone else hear this also?
It is called a "minimum threshold test" and it will  be done on day 1 of the course after 1 Apr 09. For guys its 4 pushups, 2 or 3 for girls. If you can't do it you get sent home right away. If you meet the min threshold but fail the express test, you still go to Warrior Fitness Platoon. There is also a new rule for no VR until after the first 4 weeks. I do not have a link but I do have the signed off policy direction on my desk.

4Feathers said:
It is called a "minimum threshold test" and it will  be done on day 1 of the course after 1 Apr 09. For guys its 4 pushups, 2 or 3 for girls. If you can't do it you get sent home right away. If you meet the min threshold but fail the express test, you still go to Warrior Fitness Platoon. There is also a new rule for no VR until after the first 4 weeks. I do not have a link but I do have the signed off policy direction on my desk.

Does this apply if we've already passed the PT as a part of the application process?  I'm not sure how you could pass that during application and not make the minimum threshold test.  Obviously I plan to be in good enough shape to hit the express test on day 1 anyway.

Is there a higher PT standard you need to meet by the end?

Thanks.

Back