• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JANUARY 2009 BMOQ

ada said:
I got my offer for MPO this morning!!!  BMOQ starts Jan 19, 2009 for me!  Anyone else ( I noticed Stirling...) going this serial?

Woohoo! Congrats, Ada! :)  I know one other MPO starting on that date and he's already on your friends' list. ;)

Narcisse said:
Can I ask what is a MPO ? ::)

Military Police Officer

You'd better get used to acronyms...we're going to have a lot thrown at us in a short time. ;)

Yeah I know lol... I have some trouble with some of those terms.

Do I really have to study all the military terms on army.ca lol ?

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

;D

Narcisse said:
Do I really have to study all the military terms on army.ca lol ?

If you didnt know already, they created these courses called BMQ and BMOQ to start teaching people stuf they need to know. Even after that, the CF has created something called a "career" where people learn things when they need to know them. You may even be surprised to learn that some members even pass on such knowledge to new people from time to time. Even more shocking is that people managed to learn all this before army.ca existed.

CDN Aviator said:
If you didnt know already, they created these courses called BMQ and BMOQ to start teaching people stuf they need to know. Even after that, the CF has created something called a "career" where people learn things when they need to know them. You may even be surprised to learn that some members even pass on such knowledge to new people from time to time. Even more shocking is that people managed to learn all this before army.ca existed.

Yeah who would have thought that  ;D ;)

I know that these course are to learn about all those terms. I'm not worrying about it.

Some of you folks might be the lucky ones that will end up on the new 11 weeks BMOQ course they are talking about, the field portion is being reduced.

The course I finished in NOV, we spent 5 weeks in farnham all together.

jacksparrow said:
Some of you folks might be the lucky ones that will end up on the new 11 weeks BMOQ course they are talking about, the field portion is being reduced.

I personally think that is a stupid idea.

jacksparrow said:

Well then I'm glad that I'm not doing the reduced course. I can't imagine why less training would ever be a good thing.

jeffb said:
Well then I'm glad that I'm not doing the reduced course. I can't imagine why less training would ever be a good thing.

I agree. I'm looking forward to the field exercises.  :D

I guarantee you will take that back after the first night in a hoochie when you go to sleep at 0000 and you are waken up at 0200 to bug out and do a 5km hike in the darkness (because of course you have to go tactical), arrive at your next biv site and set up your hoochie, followed by an hour sleep, then up to do whatever you have to do the next day.  hahah, not to be negative, but its not meant to be enjoyable.

05Mountie said:
I guarantee you will take that back after the first night in a hoochie when you go to sleep at 0000 and you are waken up at 0200 to bug out and do a 5km hike in the darkness (because of course you have to go tactical), arrive at your next biv site and set up your hoochie, followed by an hour sleep, then up to do whatever you have to do the next day.  hahah, not to be negative, but its not meant to be enjoyable.

I had a baby who didn't sleep through the night for a full year. You can't scare me. ;) Mind you, the extreme cold doesn't sound pleasant, but we'll get through it - lots of people do.

Celticgirl said:
I had a baby who didn't sleep through the night for a full year. You can't scare me. ;) Mind you, the extreme cold doesn't sound pleasant, but we'll get through it - lots of people do.

Apples and oranges; but you were forewarned.

You won't be in a hoochie, below -10 C, they put u in a 10 man tent.  Well, the BMOQ in January will be the first BMOQ.  The last course that graduated in December was the last group of people to do IAP/BOTP.  The only thing I would pray for during field exercise is to have healthy feet.  Blisters won't be pleasant when you have to walk a few km every few hours.

WaitingTime said:
You won't be in a hoochie, below -10 C, they put u in a 10 man tent.  Well, the BMOQ in January will be the first BMOQ.  The last course that graduated in December was the last group of people to do IAP/BOTP.  The only thing I would pray for during field exercise is to have healthy feet.  Blisters won't be pleasant when you have to walk a few km every few hours.

BTDT got the tee-shirt  ;D

WaitingTime said:
Well, the BMOQ in January will be the first BMOQ.  The last course that graduated in December was the last group of people to do IAP/BOTP. 

What are you talking about? IAP + BOTP = BMOQ.

Back