• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JANUARY 2009 BMOQ

jacksparrow said:
Good luck to all you guys about to go on the BMOQ, I just finished mine on the 27 of Nov. We started off with 68 pers and finished with 34 pers, thx to the infantry staff that  ;D

As an aside, it is easier on a person to fail on the first Crse than to fail out on the second last week of the last Phase.   ^-^

I was on the same course as JackSparrow (yet I dont know who they are.. yet). We laughed, we cried, we did burpies. Great times, good luck to all!

If it behouves you  ;D DonaldMcL....how is sharewater mate and your 1st few days on the job?  Did someone say burpies? I miss all that in a weird and perverted way  :salute:

Band of buzzards forever

Too Easy

Anyone knows if there's a french BMOQ starting in January ? If there's one, what's exactly the date ?

I'll surely be on that French BMOQ, so thank you for answering ! :)

Celticgirl........are you doing your BMQ in St-Jean or Borden?  I'm starting Jan 5th in Borden  :)

Here, we're talking about BMOQ not BMQ, think you just get in the wrong thread ! ::)

hey_nurse said:
Celticgirl........are you doing your BMQ in St-Jean or Borden?  I'm starting Jan 5th in Borden  :)

I'm doing my BMOQ in St. Jean.

Narcisse said:
Here, we're talking about BMOQ not BMQ, think you just get in the wrong thread ! ::)

Her name is hey-nurse, so maybe not? ;)

French BMOQ starts on January 5th.
I think that's the only French course in January.
All four courses starting on 19th and 26th should be English.

Just a heads up to those going BMOQ in the new year, the 15wks course is being condensed into 11wks come March.. So you guys are lucky really  :mad:

jacksparrow said:
Just a heads up to those going BMOQ in the new year, the 15wks course is being condensed into 11wks come March.. So you guys are lucky really  :mad:

There has to be a trade-off in there somewhere, like perhaps doing extra work/activities on weekends? I can't imagine they will just slice off 4 weeks of IAP and/or BOTP.  :p

Will shortening of BMOQ from 15 to 11 weeks effect the Jan 05 course or just courses following it? If the changes are starting in March, does that mean that it changes are for courses starting after that date or will it effect courses already in progress?

All the January BMOQ's are 15 week and won't change midway through.  Thank goodness because that would be a huge headache (for us and staff methinks).

Hi all!
Got some great news on Friday evening, my laser eye surgery was very successful.  One month after the surgery I have 20/20 in each eye, and 20/15 in both eyes together, and as my eyes have healed extremely fast and very well, thus my Optometrist is willing to sign off on them.  Does anyone know if the Jan/09 BMOQ is full?
I am assuming that I will not have enough time anyway to get my file reactivated and merit listed for AEC, for the January session, but it is worth a try, and if not I will be that much more ready for the next BMOQ.

I am also trying to get the documents needed to reclassify my eyes from V4 (i have been waiting for them from my CFRC for over a month now), but I will repost this under a different thread.

Thanks everyone, Cheers!

Hi all,

Just got my offer today ! I'll be on the Franco BMOQ on this January 5th ! I'm coming in as an Arty officer with CEOTP entry program.

I'm 17 years old so I'll probably be the youngest or one of them.

Hope we'll have fun in St-Jean ! See you there guys !

- Narc

When is the next BMOQ after January's, will it be April?  Or will it be sooner, as I was speaking with my CFRC and the Officer mentioned that they were held every month? -  (Tho I think he may have been mistaken or mixed up with BMQ)
I am getting my eyes re-classified as I had successful laser eye surgery, and am in the process of getting the documentation together to reactivate my file.
Cheers!

BMQ is held every month (or as needed).

BMOQ is less frequent but there are other dates in January. Other than that I think the next is April.

I got my offer for MPO this morning!!!  BMOQ starts Jan 19, 2009 for me!  Anyone else ( I noticed Stirling...) going this serial?

Back