• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It's so Cold in Manitoba.....

Bograt

Inactive
Reaction score
How cold was it....?

So cold that hell froze over- a Challenger and Polaris slot for the last multi selection.

Good time to be in flying seized wing.

Bograt said:
How cold was it....?

So cold that hell froze over- a Challenger and Polaris slot for the last multi selection.

Good time to be in flying seized wing.

LOL

If I were a young kid in Moose Jaw, I wouldn't be breaking any knee caps to get a Challenger or CC150 posting...you might as well drive a Toyota Camry to work as well... *yawn*

;)

coming from the guy who drives an Ultimate Driving me Crazy Machine.

SF2 said:
coming from the guy who drives an Ultimate Driving me Crazy Machine.

;)

SF, have you seen the new 335d Coupe coming out this fall?  That'll put Rinnie's machine to shame...  ;D

There's a diesel coming out?  I'll have to tell my dad about that one.  For some reason, he's obsessed with diesels.  I'll take the 135i myself.

I wouldn't be breaking any knee caps to get a Challenger or CC150 posting...you might as well drive a Toyota Camry to work as well... *yawn*
Weird - I can't tell you how many times I have sat on the bumper of my Toyota and watched CanForceX do circuits at YOW while thinking, "Man I would love to do that." That many slots eh? Oh well; it is still just a day dream at this point.

eird - I can't tell you how many times I have sat on the bumper of my Toyota and watched CanForceX do circuits at YOW while thinking, "Man I would love to do that." That many slots eh? Oh well; it is still just a day dream at this point.

Funny, cuz I sit in the front of my Griffon and think - "Boy am I glad I'm not doing that......"

SF2 said:
Funny, cuz I sit in the front of my Griffon and think - "Boy am I glad I'm not doing that......"

And I sit in the front of my Hawk and think : "Boy, I'm glad I'm flying faster than 20 knots!!"

I'm just kidding, you guys have a wicked jobs, and I'm serious.  It's just not for me.

Max

Max,

How are you liking the Fast Air course? How many people are on it?

benny88 said:
Max,

How are you liking the Fast Air course? How many people are on it?

Check your PM... I don't want to hijack this thread more than it is now ;)

SupersonicMax said:
And I sit in the front of my Hawk and think : "Boy, I'm glad I'm flying faster than 20 knots!!"

I'm just kidding, you guys have a wicked jobs, and I'm serious.  It's just not for me.

Max

Don't underestimate it, Max -- 20 kts can be pretty spicy!  8)

G2G

Don't underestimate it, Max -- 20 kts can be pretty spicy! 

Especially at night, in sea state 6, 25NM ahead your ship, at 40 ft.  Good Times!

SeaKingTacco said:
Especially at night, in sea state 6, 25NM ahead your ship, at 40 ft.  Good Times!

Or in a 15ft "hover" over the deck with a 40+kt relative wind in sea state stupid watching the deck pitch 5 degrees and roll almost 20 while waiting patiently for the steady period to come every 5-6 min and then try to land before the 15 sec steady period ends. That gets the blood pumping!

Or in a 15ft "hover" over the deck with a 40+kt relative wind in sea state stupid watching the deck pitch 5 degrees and roll almost 20 while waiting patiently for the steady period to come every 5-6 min and then try to land before the 15 sec steady period ends. That gets the blood pumping!

Meh- by then, I have my dark visor down, eyes shut and harness locked.  They are all night landings for me!  :D

Good2Golf said:
LOL

If I were a young kid in Moose Jaw, I wouldn't be breaking any knee caps to get a Challenger or CC150 posting...you might as well drive a Toyota Camry to work as well... *yawn*

;)

You old fart!!

Get ready for it kids - pipes will be posted to EVERYTHING from now on.
The Air Mobility Group has finally taken the "old boys & dinsoaurs" out behind the wood shed and shot them.
The sacred cow of Air Mobility postings has now been put to bed.

Fresh new pilots can now pipe directely to the CC150 Airbus and the Challenger.
Pipes will be going onto the new C130J and also onto the C-17.

It's a good time to be a newbie coming out of YMJ and YPG.

As for G2G and me ...... well ..... we're just waiting out turn in the line to go out behind the wood shed.

About friggin time.  (about the pipes, not you and G2G behind the woodshed...wait...that didn't sound right, either)

Globesmasher

Any truth to the rumour that C17/A310/Challenger pipes will be cones for their entire first tour?

C1Dirty said:
Any truth to the rumour that C17/A310/Challenger pipes will be cones for their entire first tour?

AFAIK - "cones" is a semi-derogatory term for Navigators (i.e. Cone of Confusion).

If the rumour to which you are referring has the pipeliners remaining as Co-pilots for their entire first tour - I haven't heard of that one yet.  Doesn't really make sense IMO - if we can train up a pipe to be a SAR/TAL/AAR/STRAT pilot - he can surely handle pushing buttons at FL350. 

SeaKingTacco said:
About friggin time.  (about the pipes, not you and G2G behind the woodshed...wait...that didn't sound right, either)

SKT, if Globe and I are being taken out behind the woodshed, I can think of a 22/31 that would be keeping us company...  ;D

G2G

C1Dirty said:
Globesmasher

That is not determined yet.

The old paradigm required pipeliners to upgrade from First Officer to Aircraft Commander within 3 years (36 months in the Div Orders).  After that they have even more time to then upgrade in their speciality such as a Tactical or SAR Aricraft Commander.  However, with the upgrade in technology and the new "paradigm" we shall wait and see how the first batch of guys do on the various airframes.  The C-17 and the Airbus do not have extra "categories" - they are all one and the same so it may take longer for a guy/gal to upgrade.

No rush though.

Back