• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It Rained Today!

Trooper Hale

Inactive
Reaction score
Sure, it probably doesnt matter to you. "Rain?" I hear you say, "Happens all the time". Well no, no it doesnt. Not down here anyway. Today was a special day, the first time in about 3 weeks that its rained properly in Melbourne and by that i mean it rained for a full, whopping 20 minutes! It made me wet, which was special. See rain is exciting because when you spend almost every day for the last month in 30+ heat, the suntan and the heat really get a little bit boring. Rain just breaks it up.
I'm just so excited by this i felt everyone here should know. Isnt rain wonderful? I hadnt smelt that rain smell in AGES!
Have fun,
Hales

20 minutes of RAIN ?

Read anything lately about the snow we get here :) ?

What is your impression opf the smell AFTER the rain ?

Theres a very distinct smell after rain, like all the dust has been brushed off and everything reveals a fresh kind of smell. Know what i mean?
Only time i've ever seen snow was in Lake Louise, and that was in September. I hear it can pretty full on though. I'll see it one of these days.
But like i was saying...
RAIN!

Rain here in Halifax smells like two soggy German Shepherds....and considering we just got about 4 hours of snow and 4 hours of drenching rain (and still going), we'd gladly trade places with you!  I'm sure my wife would rather give birth in your winter (August) than carry the munchkin through our summer....  ;D

Yrys said:
20 minutes of RAIN ?

Read anything lately about the snow we get here :) ?

What is your impression opf the smell AFTER the rain ?

Now u got me thinking of Spring Yrys :) I'm glad I caught this post, and what you had said,  because after the mess of weather here in Southern ON last couple days, it did end here tonight when I was at work with some rain. The window open a bit by my desk and you could feel it in the fresh air....(smell it I should say) in the air after it was done. Though it was brief, was a nice feeling  ;D

Rebecca

Back