• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It’s 2017. The Military Still Requires Officers To Have College Degrees. Why?

daftandbarmy said:
That's an excellent deal.

It's almost as if this should be a standard practise for everyone somehow, hardwired into the Pers/Adm processes.

If it's this hard for the military, imagine trying to get all the universities/colleges onboard  ::)

I agree with the premise though.

Dimsum said:
If it's this hard for the military, imagine trying to get all the universities/colleges onboard  ::)

I agree with the premise though.

CFLC has been working very hard it seems with various institutions across the country to get deals in place. However the advanced placement program is still in its infancy. Basically a reverse PLAR, only PLQ credit right now they are working on more.

https://www.military-appl.ca/

I had four Queen's U credits, one from RMC and a couple from U of Manitoba. As an avionics tech, it wouldn't have been a long stretch to take a few more courses from U of Manitoba and get a three-year degree. As far as I could see the U of Manitoba military program was designed to allow military personal to relocate and continue their degree program through correspondence.  Close to retirement, I decided to go all-in with Queens U. Lost some credits but finished my degree and learned a lot. :)

Baden Guy said:
I had four Queen's U credits, one from RMC and a couple from U of Manitoba. As an avionics tech, it wouldn't have been a long stretch to take a few more courses from U of Manitoba and get a three-year degree. As far as I could see the U of Manitoba military program was designed to allow military personal to relocate and continue their degree program through correspondence.  Close to retirement, I decided to go all-in with Queens U. Lost some credits but finished my degree and learned a lot. :)

I'm a graduate of the University of Manitoba's Military program (and Faculty of Law). It was there in my life at exactly the right time with exactly the right program. Can't praise them enough.

:cheers:

Back