• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Militant slain in Michigan

Overwatch Downunder said:
The only sad news in this story is the Police Dog killed on duty.

OWDU

Not true.  The other ones were taken into custody, not taken in a bag. 

zipperhead_cop said:
Not true.  The other ones were taken into custody, not taken in a bag.
I concur, and am also disappointed in the reaction by their hired mouthpiece. He apparently is upset  with the Windsor Police Dep't. for the use of the high risk take-down. Wasn't there a shooting at the related arrest across the river in Detroit? Why take chances? I applaud the Windsor Police in their professionalism. :salute:

Bail granted for 2 men accused in imam's death
By THE CANADIAN PRESS
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/canada/2009/11/06/11661396.html

WINDSOR, Ont. — A judge has granted bail for two Windsor, Ont., men arrested following a deadly FBI sting in Detroit.

The Crown and defence lawyers announced the bail arrangement in court late this morning for Mohammad Al-Sahli and Yassir Ali Khan.

The two men were expected to be in court, but when a large crowd of supporters from the local Muslim community showed up, the lawyers met with family behind closed doors to discuss possible bail conditions.

Shortly after, they emerged with an agreement.

Almost two weeks ago, a Detroit imam was shot while FBI agents attempted to arrest him on charges of conspiracy to sell stolen goods.

Three men were considered at large, and one was arrested shortly afterwards in Windsor.

He’s now out on bail.

Al-Sahli and Khan were arrested last weekend.

Sweet.  Gotta get those terrorist back into our community quick as possible. 

"Police chief apologizes to Windsor's Islamic community:
Officers offended and embarrassed Muslim families during arrests":
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2009/11/12/windsor-police-apology-091112.html

Windsor Police Media Relations: Media Release:
http://www.windsorstar.com/pdf/policeapology.pdf

Yup.  My disappointment and disdain knows no bounds.  I guess we are enforcing Sharia law here now.  I'd best go dig out my Koran  :mad:

Sounds like Chief Smith should be the Chief of the Political Correctness Police Service. What a disappointment and to make it worse, set up sensitivity training for the tactical team!
How will we ever take back our country from the pinheads making stupid decisions based in public opinion polls?

"Police chief not pressured to apologize, says Windsor Islamic Association: WINDSOR, Ont. -- No political pressure was exerted on the chief of police to make an apology to the Muslim community, says the Windsor Islamic Association.":
http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Windsor+Islamic+Association+addresses+police+chief+apology/2220538/story.html

x512er said:
What a disappointment and to make it worse, set up sensitivity training for the tactical team!

Oh no, my friend.  ALL of us are going to get nailed with the PC/Religion training. You know, because using our valuble training time for that is FAR more important rather than search tactics, vehicle handling, active shooter scenarios, being up on current case law....

zipperhead_cop said:
ALL of us are going to get nailed with the PC/Religion training.

Just an uneducated guess as a newspaper reader on my part, but Windsor Police may have wanted to avoid a Human Rights fiasco similar to what Metro Police went through after the raid on the "Pussy Palace" a  few years ago.  Several club members launched a $1.5 million class-action lawsuit.
Training in gay sensitivity was ordered for all current -- and future -- Toronto police officers, from the newest constables to the chief of police. On top of that, the Toronto force service was ordered to pay $350,000 to a group of lesbian complainants. The officers involved in the raid were each required to issue signed letters of apology to the - 300 - women that were in attendance. The police also agreed to emphasize hiring recruits from the lesbian-gay community and to establish a policy concerning the detention and search of transsexuals. And the establishment of a police liaison officer to the gay community.
Fallout from this Human Rights case may have been a factor in the decision of the Board, which is influenced by Mayor's Miller's office, not to renew Chief Fantino's contract and hire Chief Blair.
It's not that I am defending this. But, it's the sort of history that may have been on the minds of the Mayor and Police Chief in Windsor.

Back