• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is there any benefits I could be entitled to by being posted away from my spouse

danteh

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently on my QL3s and dealing with postings. My wife currently has a court order custody agreement saying she is not allowed to leave the province and has to be within a certain distance from her ex to allow for access to my step-son. I have been attempting to ask to stay in the province, but we have been informed that there are no openings available. If I am posted out of the province, is there any benefits I can take advantage of as my wife and step-son legally cannot accompany me? Because its my first posting I cannot get IR and because I cannot get on IR I cannot take advantage of Separation Expense so I was wondering if there is anything else I can look into.

Yes, an appointment with your Commandant and a Social Worker to initiate the process for a Contingency Cost Move under DAOD 5003-6, Contingency Cost Moves for Personal Reasons, Compassionate Status and Compassionate Posting.

What the actual hell...

garb811 said:
Yes, an appointment with your Commandant and a Social Worker to initiate the process for a Contingency Cost Move under DAOD 5003-6, Contingency Cost Moves for Personal Reasons, Compassionate Status and Compassionate Posting.

What the actual hell...

All of which still requires a position in trade and rank to be posted into.  If there is no positions available then it's still not going to happen.  But to answer the OP question, yes after your CM cuts the posting message you apply for an IR posting and that has benefits attached to it, you still have to pay for your food, but lodging and trips home are paid for, any clerk can give you the details.

Old EO Tech said:
All of which still requires a position in trade and rank to be posted into.  If there is no positions available then it's still not going to happen.  But to answer the OP question, yes after your CM cuts the posting message you apply for an IR posting and that has benefits attached to it, you still have to pay for your food, but lodging and trips home are paid for, any clerk can give you the details.

OET, Can you clarify? The OP said he can't get IR.

Old EO Tech said:
and trips home are paid for

One trip per year to your NOK is paid for (depending on distance).

But I think he can't get IR because it's his first posting.  I could be wrong, it's been a while.

PMedMoe said:
One trip per year to your NOK is paid for (depending on distance).

But I think he can't get IR because it's his first posting.  I could be wrong, it's been a while.

Yes I'll have to check with my CM's and see if they have changed this policy, separating someone from their spouse still requires and AR at the CM level.

Don't overlook the greatest benefit -- the peace and quiet.  :whistle:

Journeyman said:
Don't overlook the greatest benefit -- the peace and quiet.  :whistle:
I'm surprised it took THIS long to pop up ...

Back