• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is regularly messaging my recruiter really gonna make the recruiting process faster?

Joseph1881

Inactive
Reaction score
I reapplied about 1 month ago for an infantry position in the regular force. My CFAT being already done i was told the process would take between 3-6 months. Now recently i was told by a friend who was in 5-6 years ago that he got in faster by "annoying" his recruiter ever 3-4 weeks and that this is the only way the process will really take less than 6 months Is this really the way to go or will this have no positive result?

Long experience has shown that pestering people rarely has the desired effect.

Off topic, you should only create on copy of your message in one forum, as anything more is considered spamming which is against the site's rules.

Long experience has shown that pestering people rarely has the desired effect.

Off topic, you should only create on copy of your message in one forum, as anything more is considered spamming which is against the site's rules.
Thank you That’s what i thought. As for the copy of my message i apologize i didn’t know i had posted it twice thank you for pointing it out i will try to remove it.

I reapplied about 1 month ago for an infantry position in the regular force. My CFAT being already done i was told the process would take between 3-6 months. Now recently i was told by a friend who was in 5-6 years ago that he got in faster by "annoying" his recruiter ever 3-4 weeks and that this is the only way the process will really take less than 6 months Is this really the way to go or will this have no positive result?
The process takes however long it takes. Every file is different for the amount of time it takes. I've seen files get processed in under 2 months and I know of files that are several years in the making - 6 months is the "average" - so that fact that your friend got in under that time, it would have happened whether or not they contacted their recruiter every 3-4 weeks.

When I was in recruiting I wasn't annoyed by people checking in every 4 weeks; at times it was a simple "no change, you're still waiting on X"; however in my position I wasn't dealing with as many files as some of the other recruiters do. Just remember you're not the only person trying to get into the CAF; so every time a recruiter has to respond to a "where is my file at" query, it's less time that they're spending on actually processing the files.

LOL, in my pre-coffee state I read that as "massaging my recruiter" :ROFLMAO:

Come to think of it, that might be a worthwhile method of getting hired.....

Back