• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is joining the reserve a good idea for me?

lonewonderer

Inactive
Reaction score
First let me just say I just turned 24 and for the last 3 years I've been trying to get into pharmacy school with no luck. I'll still try again next year because I'm stubborn like that but I've been thinking about what to do with my life if I never get into pharmacy school.

I was thinking of starting witn infranty and working my way to sniper although I know I can't do this while still being on the reserve, aiming for the moon here.

My biggest concern is my age. If I start the process this year, it may not be until 25 that I actually get into infranty (I hear it's hard to get in right now).

Furthermore, I feel that my age may also diminish my chances of one day becoming a sniper.

Are my concerns warranted? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Just a friendly word of advice; don't come on this site saying you want to become a sniper, all you'll end up getting is an accusation of being a JTF2ninjasniperwannabe.

As for the age question, I'm slightly out of my lane here, but I sincerely doubt it would be a problem, but the only definitive answer comes from your local CFRC or your unit.

nice objectives ..... but do you have any clue on what's a sniper job ? I mean .... it's not like the movie , have you read ? spoke with some snipers ? etc. ?

Don't want to question anything , but it just seem SO off starting from pharmacy to switch to sniper ..... my  :2c:

EDIT : as far as your age go ..... the question is can your body handle the work , infantry is a young man game because it is really physical ..... but there are some 30 - 40 years old still doing marvelous in the infantry , so I wouldn't bother

Age is no door stop in the CAF on my reserve bmq we had a 30 year old and a 42 year old, both who completed without issue, your only as old as you think.. and 24 isnt old. Check out your local reserve unit and ask if you can watch them parade one night to see what its all about, its a great opportunity if you want to use it as a stepping stone into the REG F or if your just looking for part time employment with taskings in the summer if you choose to do so.

Back