• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Introducing the new CF Military Police Patrol Vehicle Decal

OceanBonfire

Reaction score
Under the modernization project, the new patrol vehicle decal is a result of an extensive consultation process involving input from members of the MP Group, as well as with our Canadian police force partners. The new branding aims at better identifying MP patrol vehicles with a more modernized look and bilingual title. This year, we can expect to see 60 patrol vehicles as part of the life-cycle renewal program to be outfitted and delivered to bases and wings across Canada.

Pictures: MCpl/Cplc White-Finkle

23TTLiZ.jpg

JyTsYYY.jpg

It says "The new branding aims at better identifying MP patrol vehicles". Did people have trouble identifying them in the past? I never had any trouble recognizing them for what they were in the past. Well, the one that was on the monument in CFB Borden I always thought was a speed trap :)

Theyre also wearing POLICE velcro badges on their duty rigs now instead of MILITARY POLICE.

Rebranding intensifies to save Spec Pay...

Or perhaps rebranding to more closely resemble their civilian police counterparts? Most forces now have external carriers and jackets with large POLICE branding on them so the 'ol "I didn't know he was a Police officer" defence doesn't pass the sniff test anymore.

But more on topic about car decaling, I really hope somebody decides to refresh the RCMP cruiser look, its been the same since 1994 just like the pistol we carry (n)

Insert mandatory "double double means we should get Spec 2" joke here...

Insert mandatory "double double means we should get Spec 2" joke here...
So I had to go look up what exactly Spec 2 would pay out in a year. It blows my mind anybody would join the MP's and do the same job for that little money when the going rate for a civilian Police officer is between 90-100k a year.

So I had to go look up what exactly Spec 2 would pay out in a year. It blows my mind anybody would join the MP's and do the same job for that little money when the going rate for a civilian Police officer is between 90-100k a year.
I’m not sure if standards changed since I was a CAF recruiter but it was somewhat easier (ie less competitive) to get into the MPs than civy police and was seen as a starting point to get into civilian policing.

I’m not sure if standards changed since I was a CAF recruiter but it was somewhat easier (ie less competitive) to get into the MPs than civy police and was seen as a starting point to get into civilian policing.
I won't step out of my arcs by pretending I know what the life of an MP is like, but I've fielded more than one CPIC assistance request from the MP's to do police work in my jurisdiction on their behalf (same as I would for any other Canadian police force), so from the outside looking in it seems like they're doing roughly, if not exactly the same job I am.

Ya, I mean 6 figures for issuing rolling stop tickets seems pretty reasonable.

Under the modernization project, the new patrol vehicle decal is a result of an extensive consultation process involving input from members of the MP Group, as well as with our Canadian police force partners.

Nice decal.

It blows my mind anybody would join the MP's and do the same job for that little money when the going rate for a civilian Police officer is between 90-100k a year.

My town pays the Chief $481,515 ( 2020 ).

Ya, I mean 6 figures for issuing rolling stop tickets seems pretty reasonable.
In these instances we were dealing with missing and explicitly suicidal CAF members which required a high level of coordination and investigation on the part of the MP's in order to bring them to a successful close with the member located safe and taken for treatment.

But more on topic about car decaling, I really hope somebody decides to refresh the RCMP cruiser look, its been the same since 1994 just like the pistol we carry (n)

I still prefer the old “blue-car-with-white-door” pattern before that one.

I still prefer the old “blue-car-with-white-door” pattern before that one.
I don't think you would find a single Mountie anywhere who wouldn't endorse a change back to centennial blue with white doors, even if we had to include modern high viz accents. The scheme is still the subject of questions asked as part of the "blues challenge" in order for a troop to earn its stripes at Depot.

Nice decal. Great advertising for the cars parked in front of Building 7 (I think) idling away, adding green house gases, not doing anything, out in the bucolic country of Carling Campus, where the biggest threat is getting goose shyte on your boots as you cross the secure swamp, to get another double double and Boston cream.

As the moniker goes: Too stupid to be a real cop, to gutless to be a real soldier ;)

Back