• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interpretation of CFAO 11-12 Remuster for FE's

RetiredRoyal

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking for an 'inside' interpretation of CFAO 11-12 for remuster to FE's.

I was an AET 511 cross trained to 512 and trade converted to 514 before voluntary release. I'm trying to get back in and would like to go FE. CFA) 11-12 says you need 6 yrs continuous service as 511/512 etc (those trades don't exist anymore but whatever). I had 14 yrs of service just over 9.5 was as an AET/AFT/AVN...does 11-12 mean in need to do another 6 yrs before I can apply for flight crew?? I also hold a civvy pilot license and valid AME license..which nobody will care about....

This is a question best posed to your local PSO as I think the vast majority of answers you'd receive here would be speculation. The PSO knows all...

I would hate to divine what a PSO / career mangler could think up.....

Shudder!

Royal.........here's some insight on where our trade is going. But before I do, PSO's do not know everything. I've known many guys who have gotten different answers from different PSO's. Some are good and some not so good....enough of that.  Ok....we are in need of FE's (though our trade is just above the PML, many guys will be tx'd, pulling the pin and so on) and it has come down to rewriting the policy. Here's the down and dirty.
1. The basic FE (QL5) course is supposed to be redone....alot longer....leads to next one
2. Going to look at taking skilled folks right off the street (skilled meaning AME's or similar) and from QL0 to wings standard in 4 years
3. We are taking AVS (only ones who were IE before going taterhead) but that will change also...will eventually take real AVS in.

So, yes, FE is going to be a direct entry trade, well...that's the plan. When though....maybe as soon as next year. The CAS has signed off on it but we all know how "efficent" the system is. There's alot more and I'll try to find it on the DIN, copy it and post it here. (have the paper copy at work somewhere). As for your question, I'll talk to our FE lead and get him to run it by the CWO FE A3 in 1 CAD.....oops, 1 Cdn Air Div. :p  Our career mangler is coming here next month and if I haven't got an answer from our lead, I'll ask him (though he's an AESOP...'nuff said on that >:D). But in the meantime, I'll call our PSO here and see what they say about it. I am going away for a couple of weeks so it may not be til end month before I reply again.......but also going to/calling the recruiting office maybe futile/may help, but never hurts to try, esp if you can find a real air force type there.
But in all honesty, we are in need of FE's and you may have a case....but then again, you know how the military works :rofl: Anyways, I'll find out what I can or steer you in the right direction.....

Cheers

Aww......you AESOP's are so sensitive, more time at sea will solve that :p

bison33 said:
Aww......you AESOP's are so sensitive, more time at sea will solve that :p

Shouldn't you be fixing the coffee maker? :)

Anyway, I've heard that rumour quite often that FEs are contemplating accepting DE applicants. It's a sign of the times, I guess.

niceasdrhuxtable said:
Shouldn't you be fixing the coffee maker? :)

Anyway, I've heard that rumour quite often that FEs are contemplating accepting DE applicants. It's a sign of the times, I guess.

You know, or should know the rule on rumours around here.  We publish only FACTS.  We can get enough rumours on the wivesnet.  This is not the place for it.  If you know something for sure and can back it up, let us all know, otherwise you are just wasting everyones time.

That's how we got Summerside closed...started a rumor...they built new shacks and mess to refute the rumor and poof....it got closed...lol...then all the AESOPS had to go to the real navy....

RetiredRoyal said:
That's how we got Summerside closed...started a rumor...they built new shacks and mess to refute the rumor and poof....it got closed...lol...then all the AESOPS had to go to the real navy....

MAG is not the navy....its worse  ;D

big bad john said:
You know, or should know the rule on rumours around here.  We publish only FACTS.  We can get enough rumours on the wivesnet.  This is not the place for it.  If you know something for sure and can back it up, let us all know, otherwise you are just wasting everyones time.

Hey john........it is a FACT that we (FE's) are changing with the times, meaning we are having a hard time getting techs to remuster to the trade. So, a plan was devised and the FE trade is going to (once all the usual red tape, bs and so on is done) be a direct entry trade though it will be something similar to SAR world. Only skilled persons will be accepted. Will it help? Only time will tell but I doubt AME's and former zoomies will be beating down the door...but hopefully enough.

And now excuse me, I have to go fix a coffee maker so the AESOP's can serve some with the peanut butter sangy's :p

bison33 said:
Hey john........it is a FACT that we (FE's) are changing with the times, meaning we are having a hard time getting techs to remuster to the trade. So, a plan was devised and the FE trade is going to (once all the usual red tape, bs and so on is done) be a direct entry trade though it will be something similar to SAR world. Only skilled persons will be accepted. Will it help? Only time will tell but I doubt AME's and former zoomies will be beating down the door...but hopefully enough.

And now excuse me, I have to go fix a coffee maker so the AESOP's can serve some with the peanut butter sangy's :p

Now that's the way to post.  When people start using the " I heard a rumour" type thing.  My alarm bells start going off.  Sorry if I jumped off.  But if you are in the trade, and you are.  Then you know what is happening, and if you are sharing what you know, that is fact.  That is good!

Have a good cup of coffee and enjoy the sangy's!

nah...you didn't jump off....though I did hear a good rumor.....AESOP's make good sangy's...but never believe rumors :D

Hmmm..they musta added 6 weeks to the AESOP course then...I know when I worked on Trackers that the Pilots never left anything in their boxed lunches....AESOPS couldn't have been making very good sangy's....the barf bags in the AESOP Seats were always used, but not up front....musta been too much talk on the black intercom stowed under the seat....

Will those just going in as AVN techs still be eligible for FE once they're qualifed even though they're starting up this DE thing?  Kinda like ROTP and DEO I'm assuming...right ???
ok...what's a zoomie?  ;D

Back