• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interesting!

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
I was curious to see whether or not equipment skill increases increased the CR's needed to run a mission.

I was taking 21 CR's for a POW mission.

I trained on the Flashbang and increased my skill level with it to level 2.

It still takes 21 CR's, and my chances of success for the mission have not changed.

Curiousity satisfied.  I'll not be doing more training unless I'm "killing points" in advance of a promotion.

NS

NavyShooter said:
I was curious to see whether or not equipment skill increases increased the CR's needed to run a mission.

I was taking 21 CR's for a POW mission.

I trained on the Flashbang and increased my skill level with it to level 2.

It still takes 21 CR's, and my chances of success for the mission have not changed.

Curiousity satisfied.  I'll not be doing more training unless I'm "killing points" in advance of a promotion.

NS

I believe that training in equipment DOES help increase mission success however, it is not physically shown in the "success" bar since I would imagine factoring that into the game would be too hard/too much code and you'd end up with success bars saying stuff like 92.87683239237%.

It actually should be included in the success %, and the formula is pretty simple. Your odds go up 1% for each proficiency level you have. per equipment type.

So if you have 21% chance normally and the mission requires a C7 (Proficiency Level 2), 5.56 (Proficiency Level 1) and C4 (Proficiency Level 0) you should now be at 21 + 2 + 1 +0 = 24%.

Interestingly, I just checked again, and it turns out I was wrong.....maybe the page/percentages didn't update right away, but I'm now at 70% chance of success!

When I have a bit more time I'll post the full formula for mission success. It has a lot of factors!

Mike Bobbitt said:
When I have a bit more time I'll post the full formula for mission success. It has a lot of factors!

Update?

Back