• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interchangable Calibres

L

Limpy

Awhile back I was told of two cartrage combinations that may be interchangeable. One case is Browning fifty cal. and Russian 12.7mm. The other case was between .303 British and 7.7 Jap. Is this true, and if so, would it have been safe to use 7.7 in an Lee Enfield or 12.7mm in a Browning .50 machine gun?

that's an eye patch waiting to happen.  I doubt they (loaded ammo) are interchangeable in any way.  If your talking fire forming the brass, hummmm be mightly carefull!!!

I saw what was left of a 300 Weatherby when they guy fired a .300 Win mag from it.  He was testing handloads for both rifles at the same time at the range....  wasn't paying attention and lasts words we heard before the loud boom and "OH $%&*"
was "this ones a little tight" as he beat the bolt into place with the plam of his hand.....

God sometimes looks out for morons, rather then eating the bolt it blew the barrel off the action and sent it down range about 10 meters, kncked this guy back over and outta the shooting bench. A few fragments in his hand and well lets say his pants needed changing...

He swared to God he didn't mix up the rounds, but it was obvious that's what he had done, all the other spent brass was accounted for except for one .300 win mag round.

I'm not sure if the guy realized just how lucky he was.  From then on no one sat next to him at the range.

Hell of a waste of a nice Weatherby.  What ever the reasons for it, stupidity took front and center.

Back