• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Intelligence Officer / Operator

• Thread starter future_soldier
  • Start date
So, for a long time I have not known what I want to be. But I think I want to be an intelligence officer after researching it. I was wondering how I would do that. If any one would help me, I can answer any questions you have to help me become an intelligence officer. I am 16 right now, and still I high school. I get good grades and am in all sciences and in all academic(university) level courses. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Lost boy

Lost Boy:  If you want to do more research, try this thread right here - chock full of 9 pages of people also wanting to get into intelligence.....
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/12858.0.html

In fact, you and your post will be moving there shortly.

"Search" can be your friend - use it.

Milnet.ca Staff

Is there someone I can talk to about becoming an intelligence officers, like through e-mail or the phone I have lots of questions, I am only 16 and really want to become an intelligence officer.

Lost boy said:
Is there someone I can talk to about becoming an intelligence officers, like through e-mail or the phone I have lots of questions, I am only 16 and really want to become an intelligence officer.

Regardless if the trade is accepting mbrs from the street or not, if you REALLY want to be an IntO and your heart is set on it, I would highly suggest you get a commission in another trade first and then transfer over. Furthermore, I would suggest taking a job in a Combat Arms if you want to become an IntO in the Army (Navy/Air Force, I'm not sure what they like for their IntOs to be first). The reason for this is that in the Combat Arms, you gain an understanding of what is or isn't important. You know what you sort of Int you like to receive b/c the lives of you and your men depend on it. Coming into the trade off the street, you may know what the battlefield overview in COD looks like, but you do not have an appreciation of what Int really is like (usually). If you are 16, you have time to adjust your plan an incorporate what you need.

And I certainly agree with Ghost. We need folks who have "walked the walk".

That amongst other qualities that you will get in those years.....Maturity and being able to think outside the box. 

I highly recommend the Combat Arms (whatever element, Land, Sea or Air).  You know what it is like to be in the "Trenches" and what you would like to know.  You get to see the actual vehicles you may have to talk/brief about and know what they are as opposed to reading a book and looking at pictures.  You learn what a Section, Platoon, Coy, etc. are and as you progress how to mark what they are on a map.  Experience gained here will help later. 

I hope you were not thinking that you could become a "James Bond" with a 'Licence to Kill'.

George Wallace said:
I hope you were not thinking that you could become a "James Bond" with a 'Licence to Kill'.
Although.......if you were to walk into a Mess, or a Base-side bar, and pompously order a "martini, shaken not stirred," you may learn some other lessons that could serve you well -- whether you go Int or not.  :nod:

Journeyman said:
Although.......if you were to walk into a Mess, or a Base-side bar, and pompously order a "martini, shaken not stirred," you may learn some other lessons that could serve you well -- whether you go Int or not.  :nod:

I bet there's not one bartender working at a Mess who could make a proper martini.....  ;)

PMedMoe said:
I bet there's not one bartender working at a Mess who could make a proper martini.....  ;)
Only fair; I couldn't identify a "proper" martini.    :cheers:

I would be hard pressed to believe anybody was a member of a military intelligence organization, in any country, or from any country, if they ordered a martini.  Or any drink with an umbrella in it. 

Greymatters said:
I would be hard pressed to believe anybody was a member of a military intelligence organization, in any country, or from any country, if they ordered a martini.  Or any drink with an umbrella in it.

Oh!  I don't know.  Have you met many?  You may be surprised.  >:D

Greymatters said:

I'm no expert, but I've never seen a martini with an umbrella in it....  ;)

Greymatters said:

Oxymoron?

George Wallace said:
Oh!  I don't know.  Have you met many?  You may be surprised.  >:D

George, are you suggsting that you drink Martinis...!  :eek:

PMedMoe said:
I'm no expert, but I've never seen a martini with an umbrella in it....  ;)

They fall out when you tip them up to quickly..... :nod:

Greymatters said:
George, are you suggsting that you drink Martinis...!  :eek:

On occassion I have been know to.....w/o the umbrellas.......Then again there was that time at Drops Disco in Goldscheuer where I had some very large fancy drink with at least three sparklers in it.......and maybe an umbrella.........Would that count?

If that's not proof of current or former membership in some sort of super-spy organization, I dont know what is...    ;D

GAP said:
They fall out when you tip them up to quickly..... :nod:

Oh, that's what I'm doing wrong.  :facepalm:

Actually, I think one is more likely to get a toothpick in the eye....  ;)

Loachman said:
Oooohhh!!!!

Memories.

Fuzzy memories.

As you are here, you obviously managed to pay your tab and get out........(Exit was through a gate similar to what you find on the TTC subways, operated by the Cash Register as you paid off your Club Card which somehow had a record of all the drinks you had......still haven't figured out how that worked.....but it did away with the Bartenders dealing with cash........Lose your card and you pay DM50 to get out.)

Back