• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Intelligence Gathering - Strategies

Captsapper@gmail.com

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day,

I have came to the realization that "Int" and HVT's are an excellent way to excel in this game.  I would like to hear some of your strategies on how to find more "Int".  I understand that Attention to Detail plays a large part in it but has anyone developed any successful strategies in collecting intelligence?  I have consumed a large number of Timmies and had some successful trips but I can't say that it is a strategy other that it is a low cost mission so I can do more of them and increase my chances.

Hopefully this thread can spark some Interesting discussions.

Timmies worked well for me. Unless there's a modifier I don't know, its just random chance to find int, that is increased as your AtD increases. Therefore, any low CR mission that you can do a lot of will generally provide more Int. Be careful though, all of the low CR missions have consumable stores, and as people are finding out that if you just rely on int to help you level, you'll tap out your Milpoints pretty quick and be stuck.

Puckchaser,

You have summed it up quite well.  If you decide to go down the Int route, you'll burn a lot of MP's real fast.

By the time you're at level 6 on the training missions in Canada, you're using 12x5.56 blank, which turns out to be 60 MP's every time you run the mission.

It gets spendy.....especially if you have to run about 4 missions for every Int capture (seems like my average) so to get a random number of Int, you spend up to 240 MP's....

Adds up.

NS

Just wait for it, dossier 34 is 2,500 Int. Probably a couple thousand Milpoints to get enough int going the low CR route.

I'd say that you should save up for another 1000 MilPoints, and then buy 5000 Timmies. Purchase the medal incentives for the Total Equipment Owned to get a huge CR boost.

Keep your browser open with AO on it during the day so the total time played will accumulate (you may need to refresh it every so often). With those medal incentives, you'll get a lot of AtD.

Once done, just start doing Timmies missions. I get Int quite often that way, and I also get a huge amount of Int with that (I'd say an average of 100 each time).

Also, lock down as many locations as possible. You get Int bonuses for 5, 10, 15 (20, 25?) locations locked down.

crooks.a said:
Once done, just start doing Timmies missions. I get Int quite often that way, and I also get a huge amount of Int with that (I'd say an average of 100 each time).

Expensive:

» Meet at Timmies -16CR, +24CE
15xLarge Double Double

Success Probability: Guaranteed (98%)
Proficiency Level 15

PuckChaser said:
Expensive:

» Meet at Timmies -16CR, +24CE
15xLarge Double Double

Success Probability: Guaranteed (98%)
Proficiency Level 15
It only really gets CR expensive, because I would think that a lot of players would spend the 5000 Milpoints on Timmies to acquire the +185 CR bonus that comes with it.

That being said, I don't spend a full days worth of Combat Readiness on Timmies missions. If I'm itching close to a level that I want to save for the next day (daily challenges), or if I have some spare CR before a level up, then I'll generally go Int-hunting.

Good discussion guys! Don't have much to add, as I'm following many of the same tactics already outlined.

What I was able to do earlier in the game levels was do the 2 Exercise missions until my CR balance was equal to a level up and I would then purchase the mission that would be the lowest CR but still level me. Once levelled I would do the Ex again until I had enough INT to level. Then I would level using the INT.

I repeated the process for many levels (I think I jumped 10 in one day). The problem now is (at my level) that INT levelling costs too much CR to be able to collect enough INT and do a normal mission level.

Just a word of caution though. Once INT begins to jump you more than 1 level you do not receive the CR for the levels you jumped. So if you think about Puckchaser (leader position) for a moment at his level his INT levelling does not jump him as many levels as us at the lower levels and so he is not missing CR from the skipped levels and can suitably use them for higher ratio missions.

So as confusing as I made that... Once your INT gets to a point where it levels you more than say 2 levels, stop using your INT and do regular missions until your level will only increase by 1 with your INT.

Hopefully PC will hit a bottleneck and we can all catch up... Though I am not holding my breathe.

AirMich I'm on to you ;)

I still jump 2 levels with each HVT. As well as being able to do at least 1 mission for upwards of 6,000 CE.

PuckChaser said:
I still jump 2 levels with each HVT. As well as being able to do at least 1 mission for upwards of 6,000 CE.

Ouch, I thought at the higher levels there might be a bottleneck at the CE level given to allow some of us lowly ranks to catch up, but the spread seems to be increasing.  :'(

Oh well, just have to focus on catching 7.62 and stay ahead of Airmich. ;)

Task said:
Ouch, I thought at the higher levels there might be a bottleneck at the CE level given to allow some of us lowly ranks to catch up, but the spread seems to be increasing.  :'(

Oh well, just have to focus on catching 7.62 and stay ahead of Airmich. ;)

Its starting to bottleneck a bit, but I'm being fairly consistent with hitting HVTs which keeps me at an average 2 levels per HVT.

Back