• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Initial Call Waiting Time

Kosmas

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I got am email on October 13, 2021, that I would receive a call within 3 business days and if I did not I should email my local recruitment department. Well I did not receive a call and sent an email on October 19, 2021and have yet to receive a response. Should I call the center directly or should I just wait it out? Thhanks

Hello, I got am email on October 13, 2021, that I would receive a call within 3 business days and if I did not I should email my local recruitment department. Well I did not receive a call and sent an email on October 19, 2021and have yet to receive a response. Should I call the center directly or should I just wait it out? Thhanks
In my experience, just wait it out for a little while. You can see in the timeline samples on another recruiting forum that it normally does take a little bit of time, but they will get the ball rolling soon. Generally the rule going forward would be wait 3-4 weeks before contacting them again. The whole process can be long, but don't be discouraged - its just the nature of the beast.
For context, I wrote my CFAT in early June and just made it to the comp list a few days ago.

In my experience, just wait it out for a little while. You can see in the timeline samples on another recruiting forum that it normally does take a little bit of time, but they will get the ball rolling soon. Generally the rule going forward would be wait 3-4 weeks before contacting them again. The whole process can be long, but don't be discouraged - its just the nature of the beast.
For context, I wrote my CFAT in early June and just made it to the comp list a few days ago.
Yea I expected it to take long, but what confused me was that I got an email saying that I WOULD be contacted within 3 days. So i'm not sure if I should just wait it out or call them.

Yea I expected it to take long, but what confused me was that I got an email saying that I WOULD be contacted within 3 days. So i'm not sure if I should just wait it out or call them.
I received one of those automated emails as well, but it was about 3 weeks until they actually called

Oh the you will be contacted within 3 business days is an automated email?
I do believe so. If you've applied online and then contacted the local recruiting office, as you would have been directed through the automated email after applying, and then received that email stating that they would contact you in 3 days - I would just wait. They have your file, probably just a matter of getting around to it.

I do believe so. If you've applied online and then contacted the local recruiting office, as you would have been directed through the automated email after applying, and then received that email stating that they would contact you in 3 days - I would just wait. They have your file, probably just a matter of getting around to it.
Well I applied online and got the email the next day or the day after. But, I only contacted the recruiting office through email after waiting those 3 business days. Anyways, you're saying it's normal and I should just wait it out?

Well I applied online and got the email the next day or the day after. But, I only contacted the recruiting office through email after waiting those 3 business days. Anyways, you're saying it's normal and I should just wait it out?
yep, this sounds like exactly what happened for me too, and I too was a little anxious about not getting that call in 3 days. Just wait, you'll get that call/email soon enough!

yep, this sounds like exactly what happened for me too, and I too was a little anxious about not getting that call in 3 days. Just wait, you'll get that call/email soon enough!
I actually just got the call. The timing is crazy, they said I should get an email to book the CFAT soon! Thanks for your help

I actually just got the call. The timing is crazy, they said I should get an email to book the CFAT soon! Thanks for your help
Phenomenal timing eh!! Study up!! If you have any questions or anything, feel free to send me a message. Best of luck!!

A month. They called to set up the date and time for the CFAT and sent a confirmation email after.
Check this thread out - Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]
I see well I hope I get it within that time frame then. I also will have my application put on hold after the CFAT because I am in my final year and have to wait to graduate (end of May) before I continue with the process. If you don't mind me asking how far are you in the process or are you already hired?

I see well I hope I get it within that time frame then. I also will have my application put on hold after the CFAT because I am in my final year and have to wait to graduate (end of May) before I continue with the process. If you don't mind me asking how far are you in the process or are you already hired?
You could possibly make it a little further than the CFAT before putting your app on hold, but either way you are on track for getting in. The absolute best thing I did for myself so far in this process was study hard for the CFAT, do yourself a favour and make the most of the time you have before the CFAT!

You could possibly make it a little further than the CFAT before putting your app on hold, but either way you are on track for getting in. The absolute best thing I did for myself so far in this process was study hard for the CFAT, do yourself a favour and make the most of the time you have before the CFAT!
When I got the call, the lady told me that I had two options:
1. Temporarily close my file until I graduate then re-open it
2. Continue with the process and do the CFAT, then rest of the process is on hold until I get my transcript with degree
So I chose option 2, but who knows maybe I'll get a bit further in the process

When I got the call, the lady told me that I had two options:
1. Temporarily close my file until I graduate then re-open it
2. Continue with the process and do the CFAT, then rest of the process is on hold until I get my transcript with degree
So I chose option 2, but who knows maybe I'll get a bit further in the process
Update this thread with what ends up happening! Good luck on the CFAT!!

Will do! If you don't mind me asking. How far are you in the process?
I just checked online and it says I've been selected, so I suppose there! I was just put on the competition list on Oct 19th and haven't heard anything else from the military directly. I suppose its been a pretty good day for both of us eh!

I just checked online and it says I've been selected, so I suppose there! I was just put on the competition list on Oct 19th and haven't heard anything else from the military directly. I suppose its been a pretty good day for both of us eh!
Congrats! how long has the overall process been for you?

Congrats! how long has the overall process been for you?
Thank you! I first applied in Aug 2020 but was told to finish some more high school credits, reapplied in Feb 2021. So 8 months since I reapplied, but who knows when I'll actually end up going to BMQ

Back