• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry RV cancelled for this year

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Just received word today that the RV is canceled for this year.  Love to know why.

Harris said:
Just received word today that the RV is canceled for this year.  Love to know why.

Budget cuts?

For the EME folks, we just received word today that Bluebell is cancelled for 2013. I believe it has to do with the $25k cap on functions.

I think RV'89 was the last of the series.
Maybe we will see another now that 1 Cdn Div is back, but probably not before the budget crunch ends.

We should do an east vs west, force on force shoot out with reg force and reserves.

MCG said:
Maybe we will see another now that 1 Cdn Div is back, but probably not before the budget crunch ends.

::)

Everyone else is talking about annual Corps/Branch meetings....

MrGnr said:
For the EME folks, we just received word today that Bluebell is cancelled for 2013. I believe it has to do with the $25k cap on functions.

There is no cap - just a ludicrously highly held approval limit.  Army Comd can approve 5K - next in line is DM up to 25K, then after that, MND has to sign.

Edited to add that CCA delegated his auth to Area Comds.

Journeyman said:

Thought we were talking about these:

090416-08-GMC_EM50_Urban_Assault_Vehicle_from_Stripes.jpg

Come on, give the Navy some credit, they know how to do it!

Jim Seggie said:
Airsoft or laser tag?

Good question.
The Canadian laser tag stuff sucks and troops turn it off half the time. Shit on the vehicles never work.  I find the US stuff much more accurate and less intrusive.

I'd say simmunition.

PPCLI Guy said:
There is no cap - just a ludicrously highly held approval limit.  Army Comd can approve 5K - next in line is DM up to 25K, then after that, MND has to sign.

Edited to add that CCA delegated his auth to Area Comds.

Yes the Bluebell call letter stated that they were seeking MND approval, not surprising it was cancelled, though I bet it will go ahead as a NCR only event, with guys from Pet, Kingston and Montreal coming if they want to suck up the costs themselves.  That way the DG or ADM(MAT) can approve it at under 5K cost.

MCG said:

There was an RV'92 in Wainwright.  1 and 5 Bdes with elements from SSF and CTC.

Journeyman said:

I know.  I didn't want pers coming into this thread hoping for the thing that was actually called "RV" to leave disappointed.  Isn't the Infantry AGM called "BAYONET"?

Not surprised given the current fiscal climate.  Not too upset either; as useful as these things could be for an exchange of ideas, the Infantry Corps is largely driven by about a dozen Reg Force stakeholders (and not all of them are Infantry nor do they tend to all make it to these things) and appears to get on just fine without a fancy info session for the Reserves.

Back