• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdb1231

Inactive
Reaction score
How many infantry soldiers does one infantry officer control?

I read on the CF website that 1 infantry officer control 25 men, is it true? Or is there about 5 officers out of every 25 infantry soldiers, lead by a top officer?

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/ata-asl/units-unites-eng.asp

A platoon commander will command a platoon.

A company commander will command a company.

A battalion commander will command a battalion.

So the number of soldiers an infantry officer commands depends on his or her appointment.

Infantry Officer Power

I believe infantry officers are powered by food, just like everyone else. Maybe there is a new hybrid model these days, i don't know.

Hope this helps.

CDN Aviator said:
I believe infantry officers are powered by food, just like everyone else. Maybe there is a new hybrid model these days, i don't know.

Hope this helps.

Probably a lot of Beans in the mix.

CDN Aviator said:

Hope this helps.

Yea I got the same feeling from the thread title and first line too..

CDN Aviator said:

Hope this helps.

hashbrownies are food....just saying  ;D

....giving you the sense of extreme power and strength....until they run out.... then you get the munchies....(I wonder if the new hyprid model gets a longer power period......)

GAP said:
hashbrownies are food....just saying  ;D

....giving you the sense of extreme power and strength....until they run out.... then you get the munchies....(I wonder if the new hyprid model gets a longer power period......)

I just want to know how many people will salute me arrrrgh

Ps potatos are bad for you.

bdb1231 said:
How many infantry soldiers does one infantry officer control?

I read on the CF website that 1 infantry officer control 25 men, is it true? Or is there about 5 officers out of every 25 infantry soldiers, lead by a top officer?

So, now that you have decided that being a Log O is beneath you, you have decided that you would prefer to inflict yourself on the Infantry?  Oh goody.

Officers do not have "power".  They have, first and foremost, responsibility.  The greater the responsibility one has, in a general sense, the greater the authority that you are granted.  Throughout all of this you will be held accountable for your actions and those of your subordinates.  If you manage to execute your authority in a responsible and accountable way, you may garner some influence

The moment that you confuse influence or authority with power is the moment you should be neck-shot.

:goodpost: No, an excellent post... :salute:

I guess pilot was beneath him as well...

bdb1231 said:
I cannot believe someone got into DEO pilot with a 65% university GPA. I thought you have to have at least like 75-78%. I think I'm going to apply as well.

Going thru the post history was...magical. 

PPCLI Guy said:
So, now that you have decided that being a Log O is beneath you, you have decided that you would prefer to inflict yourself on the Infantry?  Oh goody.

Officers do not have "power".  They have, first and foremost, responsibility.  The greater the responsibility one has, in a general sense, the greater the authority that you are granted.  Throughout all of this you will be held accountable for your actions and those of your subordinates.  If you manage to execute your authority in a responsible and accountable way, you may garner some influence

The moment that you confuse influence or authority with power is the moment you should be neck-shot.

Eye In The Sky said:
I guess pilot was beneath him as well...

Going thru the post history was...magical.

I particularly chortled at the post about how stoned he was in high school.

::)

bdb,  do you have any idea what you actually want to do?

When you were posting last year on the forums you were all over the place with what trade you wanted,  and if you wanted Officer or NCM.  A year later,  and it looks like you are still all over the place with a trade you would want to do.  But at least it looks like you made a decision.. picking to join the CF as a officer.  Then again it it looks like you don't seem to care what you do,  since you started a thread asking what the easiest officer trade to get into was....

-Skeletor- said:
bdb,  do you have any idea what you actually want to do?

When you were posting last year on the forums you were all over the place with what trade you wanted,  and if you wanted Officer or NCM.  A year later,  and it looks like you are still all over the place with a trade you would want to do.  But at least it looks like you made a decision.. picking to join the CF as a officer.  Then again it it looks like you don't seem to care what you do,  since you started a thread asking what the easiest officer trade to get into was....

Some people like the idea of applying to stuff but never follow through.
Like reservists putting their names in for tour and making sure they tell everyone they put in for it- but when the time comes to follow through they excuses come out.
The OP is just wasting bandwidth IMO

ObedientiaZelum said:
Some people like the idea of applying to stuff but never follow through.
Like reservists putting their names in for tour and making sure they tell everyone they put in for it- but when the time comes to follow through they excuses come out.
Or they find excuses not to go when there's fighting to be done, but are first in line for ATTENTION.  They ought to be shamed by those MANY reservists who fought, and died, answering the call. 

[/rant]

As for Infantry Power, it's best when we infantry officers gather in groups.  That way, we can touch rings as we chant for our Infantry Power to Activate!

Much like these cats:

128967308384012685.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back