• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In most expensive Turkish film, Americans in Iraq murder for pleasure

Bigmac

Inactive
Reaction score
In most expensive Turkish film, Americans in Iraq murder for pleasure, Jewish doctor runs an organ farm
17:20 2006-02-02
In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother. They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv. "Valley of the Wolves Iraq" set to open in Turkey on Friday feeds off the increasingly negative feelings many Turks harbor toward their longtime NATO allies: Americans.

The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million (euro 8.3 million), is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months.

One recent opinion poll revealed the depth of the hostility in Turkey toward Americans: 53 percent of Turks who responded to the 2005 Pew Global Attitudes survey associated Americans with the word "rude"; 70 percent with "violent"; 68 percent with "greedy"; and 57 percent with "immoral."

Advance tickets are already selling out across Turkey for the film, which has dialogue in Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish and English. In addition to Turkey, the film is set to be shown in more than a dozen other countries including the United States, Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Britain, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, Syria and Australia.
The movie's American stars are Billy Zane, who plays a self-professed "peacekeeper sent by God," and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor.
http://newsfromrussia.com/science/2006/02/02/72256.html

I wonder whose idea it was to make this jewel of a movie? This will certainly help relations between Turkey and the US?! :-\

::) Oh joy, something else for the antiwar goons to get their hands on, claiming it is a documentary.  :rage:

Uh.....this came out over a year ago.....in fact, I was in Istanbul, on a NATO experiment when it was out - I never felt any repercussions. It was fiction pure and simple, and most Turks knew that. Turkey hasn't risen up and gone crazy, at least as far as I know......

That said, after watching bits of Turkish television for a month, I'd say their cultural perceptions on what constitutes 'truth' in the media are quite different from ours.....

The movie's American stars are Billy Zane, who plays a self-professed "peacekeeper sent by God," and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor.

Makes one wonder how desperate some are for a pay cheque.  I wonder if they got to read the whole script or just their scenes?

Anyway, it doesn't seem to have raised much controversy since its' release.

I know I am not much of a movie buff  but this was the first I have heard of this film.  Has anyone actually seen it? Obviously didn't make it to the Sundance Film Festival!

George Wallace said:
Makes one wonder how desperate some are for a pay cheque.  I wonder if they got to read the whole script or just their scenes?

Anyway, it doesn't seem to have raised much controversy since its' release.

Meeh..
Actors play roles,that's their line of work.Actors have played many fictional characters who go against the grain.I wouldn't call it desperate,just a way to get recognition.Doing contreversal films can launch an actors career.

It's pure fiction.And frankly I would watch it.
It cant be anymore disturbing than the new Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory....that's some scary stuff.

I'm a big international film guy.Drives my wife nuts cause she can get use to subtitles/watching at the same time.
I'm going to keep my eye out for this one.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
It cant be anymore disturbing than the new Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory....that's some scary stuff.
So....I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that  ;D

Back