• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In-Demand Trade Confusion

turtleblack

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations to those this may concern,

I am an applicant to the CAF and am about to embark on an interview on the 12th, medical on the 20th after some muckery in later 2021. I applied as an Signal O, Communication Electronics Officer, and Artillery O -- only I'm starting to feel a little bit of cold feet towards the position of Artillery O. I have a bachelor's in Computer Science and a handful of cybersecurity certifications, along with a few white hat hacking projects on my belt, and I really don't want to lose that experience. Should I bring it up during the interview, call the local application office (at risk of delaying my application past the April BMOQ), or just hope for luck to pass me by? Is it possible to get multiple position offers? I know both Signals and Artillery are in-demand, but I don't recall why I signed up for the position; it doesn't suit me, in my opinion.

Thank you for your time,
TB

Greetings and salutations to those this may concern,

I am an applicant to the CAF and am about to embark on an interview on the 12th, medical on the 20th after some muckery in later 2021. I applied as an Signal O, Communication Electronics Officer, and Artillery O -- only I'm starting to feel a little bit of cold feet towards the position of Artillery O. I have a bachelor's in Computer Science and a handful of cybersecurity certifications, along with a few white hat hacking projects on my belt, and I really don't want to lose that experience. Should I bring it up during the interview, call the local application office (at risk of delaying my application past the April BMOQ), or just hope for luck to pass me by? Is it possible to get multiple position offers? I know both Signals and Artillery are in-demand, but I don't recall why I signed up for the position; it doesn't suit me, in my opinion.

Thank you for your time,
TB
Why those trades? Why not cyber? If you have a comp sci degree and some certs, you could get PLAR and get in probably quite easily. I know it is not an officer trade, but if you truly want to be hands on with those credentials, cyber would probably be your best bet. I went in for cyber, no CS degree (degree is non STEM), but a bunch of years of experience and certs.

Back