• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

DovoNewb said:
2 out of my 3 shirts are the ICU, with one older generation type shirt. Reason being is that I was in Trenton on a tasking in October and 2 of my shirts were wrote off as well as some of my personal clothing in a load of laundry. Someone before me used too much bleach and it didn't drain out. I need shirts to wear to go to work so I went to their clothing stores where I was issued with 2 of the ICU shirts.

Last week was the 2nd time around of being talked to and told to change, I went to clothing stores in Pet to try to get at least one of them swapped out for the old gen combats to appease my SSM. I was told no, and was sent back to the unit with what they called a "mommy note" explaining that the only size of shirt in stock where I am is the new generation. So I have 2 ICU shirts, and one old gen shirt, although not faded is sized when I was 25lbs heavier after knee surgery and is now starting to fall apart.

I was told I cant wear the ICU shirt until we all get it and I was contradicting a "regimental directive", but there are lads in other parts of the unit where that is all that they have now, and the new ICU stuff came down in various ogroups within the unit and that clothing stores would be issuing it out now.

*scratching my head with my note in my pocket*

Maybe today I'll get talked to about having a shirt on that is falling apart, where I will explain that I am not allowed to wear my new shirt that a certain SSM doesn't like. I'm not wearing an ICU shirt today to save myself the grief of being accused of playing the mommy daddy game.

Lol........  Has my OT been accepted yet?

I would tell your SSM to contact the RQ and sort this out between them and the CLOT supervisor.  Supply can only issue you what they have and you cant be punished for what you were issued.

Halifax Tar said:
I would tell your SSM to contact the RQ and sort this out between them and the CLOT supervisor.  Supply can only issue you what they have and you cant be punished for what you were issued.

Unintentional witticism I'm sure.  In Britain a "clot" is a numbskull, thickhead, dolt or otherwise an idiot.

I thought you were recommending the SSM and the RQ for counselling by the local supervisor of idiots.

Kirkhill said:
Unintentional witticism I'm sure.  In Britain a "clot" is a numbskull, thickhead, dolt or otherwise an idiot.

I thought you were recommending the SSM and the RQ for counselling by the local supervisor of idiots.

lol point taken.  CLOT is the short form of Clothing Stores in the CFSS.

Odd, I never really got in the habit of telling any of my SSMs to do anything.  8)

I'm having a flashback to the "old" new OD combat shirts that many an SSM ordered for use in the field only, and not ever on parade.

Coming up next: spit shining combat boots, no doubt.

George Wallace said:
Hussssh!  No need to invoke the Good Idea Faerie.

Unfortunately that has already begun...as is the idea that one should iron their combats.

acen said:
Unfortunately that has already begun...as is the idea that one should iron their combats.

........and we have threads on those two topics.    >:D

George Wallace said:
........and we have threads on those two topics.    >:D

How about ironing the Improved Combat Uniform...that should bring it back on track, no?

/end tangent

Harris said:
If you think you have it rough now, wait until your Units troops are in three different color t-shirts.  The SSM will likely have to put in for stress leave.

Oh I know I don't have it rough, I'm just confused; It's issued kit that is the topic of my post. I've gotten spoken to about properly wearing issued kit, and I have a note now from clothing stores which is actually quite funny. Heaven forbid someone higher in the CoC takes the word of one of their minions for what it is versus assuming they are trying to pull a fast one over said superior.

There's also guys that are going out of pocket to buy flag patches and rank patches that are within spec. I guess there is a shortage here for those as well.

At least it's 15 celcius outside and sunny.  :)

MCG said:
What is your unit?

Ummm.... I won't be disclosing that.lol Despite my not portraying a particular organization of the CF in a negative light or that I am not acting unprofessional, there are elements of I assume everyones chain of command on here trolling around and looking, and I'm pretty sure even my comments on here would get me into trouble. It's happened before.....

I only wanted to post my thoughts to see if others, elsewhere within the CF are getting into the same sort of situation that I am.

DovoNewb said:
Oh I know I don't have it rough, I'm just confused; It's issued kit that is the topic of my post. I've gotten spoken to about properly wearing issued kit, and I have a note now which is actually quite funny. Heaven forbid someone higher in the CoC takes the word of one of their minions for what it is versus assuming they are trying to pull a fast one over said superior.

At least it's 15 celcius outside and sunny.

And with the ICU you can't roll up your sleeves...

DovoNewb said:
Ummm.... I won't be disclosing that.lol

DovoNewb, you may want to have a look at your profile.  Unless of course the unit you say you're in isn't the unit your actually in....

Bzzliteyr said:

We never have done that, even pre ICU shirt anyways. I think we were allowed to do that in Gagetown though. 

Bzzliteyr said:

What! No more "S4b" suntans for the Army! Where are the mass protests?

Harris said:
If you think you have it rough now, wait until your Units troops are in three different color t-shirts.  The SSM will likely have to put in for stress leave.

Or will be as ecstatic as a kid in a candy store !  ;)

OGBD, I suspect only a few of us know of what S4B you speak. ;)  yes, the tan...can't have guys getting a forearm tan or having a competition I see how close to their armpit they can roll their sleeves up to.. :p

DovoNewb said:
We never have done that, even pre ICU shirt anyways. I think we were allowed to do that in Gagetown though.

Well there you go then. I thought that was just for verification purposes to register for the forum.

Let the record show that I have not been carrying on like a jacka$$ or portraying myself or my unit in a negative manner. I was merely curious if others have been faced with challenges in regards to the ICU shirts.

This is like when the fabulous idea of a combat shirt with top pockets only were flying around.  Every Sgt, WO, and SSM had a different directive on when where and how you could wear it. Three issued shirts and two of them had no mag pockets, so I lived in one shirt in garrison till some diesel got accidentally(coff coff) spilled on them on ex.

Kat Stevens said:
This is like when the fabulous idea of a combat shirt with top pockets only were flying around.  Every Sgt, WO, and SSM had a different directive on when where and how you could wear it. Three issued shirts and two of them had no mag pockets, so I lived in one shirt in garrison till some diesel got accidentally(coff coff) spilled on them on ex.

My take on this is that someone is too worried about "Uniformity". We look similar and we are not truly uniform.

Common sense has to prevail at some point.....

Back