• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

OK, so half of my question has been answered.

Those rounded edge patches are the correct ones?

If yes, I can order the ones I need.

Cheers!

If you have the ICU you should have been issued the patch along with the big flag, if not go back to clothing and ask for them.

Then wear a white one with Canada. Whatever did we do before someone invented black thread on a slipon? I never knew who was navy or not...

We aren't allowed to. The hi vis is not tri service. It was only designed to replace the subdued green ranks.

The navy are olive drab with black thread and the Air Force is olive drab with blue thread.

The whole point of the different colour thread was to respect the CANFORGEN regarding environmental distinction.

Well if that's all you got then that's all you got....I still use ENGR SQN/ENGINEERS slipons as we still don't have CER ones yet (and this Regiment was formed 3 years ago!) or high vis Sgt's yet....

Doesn't that CANFORGEN also state you should be wearing NCDs unless posted at an Army unit? I didn't know CFLRS was an Army unit.

PuckChaser said:
Doesn't that CANFORGEN also state you should be wearing NCDs unless posted at an Army unit? I didn't know CFLRS was an Army unit.
All instructors wear combats, regardless of element.

PuckChaser said:

Not true, we have a PO2 CC and she wears NCD's and we are a field unit....

Which does not mean that his unit has the same dress policy as your unit.

clericalchronicals said:
We aren't allowed to. The hi vis is not tri service. It was only designed to replace the subdued green ranks.

The navy are olive drab with black thread and the Air Force is olive drab with blue thread.

The whole point of the different colour thread was to respect the CANFORGEN regarding environmental distinction.

Well, I guess you're SOL then. Keep wearing your combat negligee.

Have PO's become so timid that they don't know how to adapt and overcome. Do what you have to do, and when questioned, lay blame where it belongs.

Or consult the Unit Chief. I'll bet they will give you an acceptable answer pretty quick.

Beats the hell out of coming here and playing 20 questions and getting as many answers that won't help.

How to make things hard 101. Brought to you by the CAF, where every decision is made by a committee. :facepalm:

Met an AVN Tech the other day with the new ICU.

He went to Fabricland and bought himself some stick-on velcro, attached it to his RCAF rank slip to attach it to the front of his uniform until the atrocious S&P system catches up and produces element patches for the rest of the CAF.

Adapt and Overcome.

recceguy said:
Well, I guess you're SOL then. Keep wearing your combat negligee.

Have PO's become so timid that they don't know how to adapt and overcome. Do what you have to do, and when questioned, lay blame where it belongs.

Or consult the Unit Chief. I'll bet they will give you an acceptable answer pretty quick.

Beats the hell out of coming here and playing 20 questions and getting as many answers that won't help.

Yes, absolutely we all have. I tend to cower in the corner and wait for an adult to come help me.

In all reality though, I went to exchange my combats as they are in deplorable condition. Then was told no, you can't replace new combats until your current ones have a "critical thread failure".

But at the end of the day, thank you for reminding me how timid I've become. :D

Loachman said:
Capt. Valerie Lanouette has likely not asked anybody who is wearing this. I interrogated the first person that I saw wearing it this past October - an Infantry Corporal. The first part of his review was a lengthy complaint abou the velcro and its various shortcomings including noise.

No, I am sure Capt Lanouette has done extensive interviews... with people who have never been in the field. Sometimes I think we forget all of these "good ideas" are supposed to support the guys in the front line, not the fashion show that is NDHQ. Also, the new flag... Can it get any bigger?

The Americans at EX WARFIGHTER were impressed by the new combat uniforms, particularly the flag with is at least 33% larger than the one on their combat uniforms </snark>

(It was the subject of some comments, and most of them I heard were of the WTF? variety). I will be carefully preserving my uniforms as long as possible in the mean time.

clericalchronicals said:
Yes, the navy and air force have environmental patches, olive drab with black thread. The Hi-Vis is army only.

So the only element that gets within knife-fighting distance of the enemy is the one issued with Glo-in-the-Dark gear?  To wear on their camouflage?

Boggled am I.

Kirkhill said:
So the only element that gets within knife-fighting distance of the enemy is the one issued with Glo-in-the-Dark gear?  To wear on their camouflage?

Boggled am I.

Sure, why not?  I mean, in the early 90s we had solid green uniforms for the field and camouflage jackets for the office didn't we?

Schindler's Lift said:
Sure, why not?  I mean, in the early 90s we had solid green uniforms for the field and camouflage jackets for the office didn't we?

Und Sie hatten sehr schöne Stiefel, ja?  :nod:

Back