• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

Lightguns said:
ICU is being issued in Gagetown.  My daughter came of MATA in Sep 13 and got the whole works in 3 suits.  She is still struggling with the pads!  She is base side as well, not a field unit.
False. It's not issued yet. I was just at clothing today. They had nothing in my size (old pattern) and none of the new stuff.

Tech, I had guys in my instructional cell issued the new combats over the summer....

Well, I hope to heck they hurry up and get mine in. My rags are falling apart.

I watched an interesting episode of 'The Nature of Things' last night regarding Lyme Disease and its spread in Canada.

All of the field researchers made a point to tuck their pant legs into their socks or wear gaiters of some sort to avoid having (infected) ticks crawl up their legs.  From a prevention of Lyme Disease standpoint, blousing pants makes sense.

Matt_Fisher said:
I watched an interesting episode of 'The Nature of Things' last night regarding Lyme Disease and its spread in Canada.

All of the field researchers made a point to tuck their pant legs into their socks or wear gaiters of some sort to avoid having (infected) ticks crawl up their legs.  From a prevention of Lyme Disease standpoint, blousing pants makes sense.

Tucking the sand trap into the boot makes sense.  Blousing may add a little more protection.  I used to try and emphasize that point during my briefings.  :nod: 

Saw an email today with a sitrep from the G4.  As for the ECU shirts, they started production in Aug and have started arriving at the depot.  Apparently they won't ship them to the base supplies until the rank patches and large Cdn flags are ready which won't be until Dec 13.

Matt_Fisher said:

I've had swarms of ticks crawl up my legs in Panama, army ants and a scorpion - I NEVER remove the sand trap (and even sew up the holes in it)

Chimo!
Frank

Matt_Fisher said:

PMedMoe beat me to it.. the people that cut "those dang things" out are posing a health risk to themselves should they be deployed.

Bzzliteyr said:
PMedMoe beat me to it.. the people that cut "those dang things" out are posing a health risk to themselves should they be deployed.

They do make good expedient shitpaper though ;D

slayer/raptor said:
Lightguns, did she get the top as well? Have the tailors received the new slipons or patches I guess?

I never asked shewas mentioning on FB that the pads are pain in and the knee area feels bulky without them in.

Technoviking said:
False. It's not issued yet. I was just at clothing today. They had nothing in my size (old pattern) and none of the new stuff.

Perhaps if you turn in your maternity Cadpat you will get new ones as well. Seriously, she received old style shirt with pockets on the arm and pants with removable knee pads. Perhaps they are modifying old pants with knee pads?  I just messages and that is her claim.

As she had maternity wear, they would have to provide 40 sizes smaller so maybe they dipped into something they there. There is certainly knee pad Cadpat floating around.  It is clothing stores and I have found that your experience may vary when there.

NFLD Sapper said:
Tech, I had guys in my instructional cell issued the new combats over the summer....

True enough.  Lots of pers with the new pants around here (with the kneepads and straps), but none of the new mandarin collared shirts yet. I do believe those are being held back pending arrival of flags and  high vis ranks.

Lightguns said:
Perhaps if you turn in your maternity Cadpat you will get new ones as well.
:rofl:

But, seriously, I'd take a pair of OD combats over what I have now...

ArmyVern said:
True enough.  Lots of pers with the new pants around here (with the kneepads and straps), but none of the new mandarin collared shirts yet. I do believe those are being held back pending arrival of flags and  high vis ranks.

A lot of people in my Reserve unit were given new shirts with the pockets on the sleeves, no collar, hmm interim shirt perhaps?

MilEME09 said:
A lot of people in my Reserve unit were given new shirts with the pockets on the sleeves, no collar, hmm interim shirt perhaps?

Yep, interim shirt, been around a while. Similar to the CADPAT AR that had pockets sewn on in theatre, just these were tailored here.

Technoviking said:
:rofl:

But, seriously, I'd take a pair of OD combats over what I have now...

If you are in Gagetown, what's your size?  I am a socio-path in a cube and got nearly new 1 shirt and pant I rarely wear.  I be happy to trade you out if that helps.

Lightguns said:
If you are in Gagetown, what's your size?  I am a socio-path in a cube and got nearly new 1 shirt and pant I rarely wear.  I be happy to trade you out if that helps.
Shirt is 7036.  Trousers are 7030

Lightguns said:

That would cause the supply techs heads to implode when he ever tries to turn them in.  Different NSNs.  I had that happen to me when I was given a full (second) set of gear upon my return from Afghanistan as my stuff was in a sea can.  When I tried to return the "wrong" stuff it confused the poor techs. They had issued me different sized stuff and absolutely need THAT stuff back, not just any (already issued) kit.

Back