• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

Kind of, I am saying that in general, on the internet, it's good to lurk for a while and get a feel for things before you step into something that is over your head.

If this thread wasn't on its 26th page then I could see you bringing something new to the table... alas, it is not. See?

Now, that's not to say that you as an Infantry private have no say in anything.  During your courses, should you encounter a piece of kit that you find has a deficiency, then by all means search Army.ca and find information about the Unsatisfactory Condition Report (UCR).  They are a valuable tool in identifying kit issues and I think they should be taught at the lowest level.  Read up about them, you'll see what I mean.

Step one for now: get to and complete BMQ.

Received a set of the new pants today. So many new bells and whistles I'm surprised there isn't a 1 day course on how to operate and maintain. Didn't have time to figure out the new blousing system so rocked boot bands instead. Didn't think I would ever see it this year/decade at the rate our procurement system seems to be moving with most of our equipment.

bananaman said:
Received a set of the new pants today. So many new bells and whistles I'm surprised there isn't a 1 day course on how to operate and maintain.

Kinda like the CTS rucksack?  ;D

Bananaman, are people at your base starting to get issued the complete set yet?

Gagetown still has a huge shortage of the old stuff, can't wait for the new to get in.

Verge1993 said:
Why don't the Army put out a petition for NCM, NCO, and COs so they can choose what they would like to have or what they need.. Like have a list of 20+ things and they get to choose 2 or 3 things. The 2 or 3 things that are most chosen then tats what the Army will work on getting to the Soldiers first. It only makes the most sense seeing as how they are the ones out in the field that is in need the the equipment/clothing they need.

All NCOs are NCMs.

I will toss my vote in for "stupid idea".  Stop tossing around the fact that 'you were in before'.  Your lack of experience/knowledge is evident.

slayer/raptor said:
Bananaman, are people at your base starting to get issued the complete set yet?

Gagetown still has a huge shortage of the old stuff, can't wait for the new to get in.

I'm currently in Gagetown and received my pants here. It's only certain sizes and no shirts as of yet.

It's important to issue pants separately from shirts, especially so if it is two different styles of uniform.

ObedientiaZelum said:
It's important to issue pants separately from shirts, especially so if it is two different styles of uniform.

And 1 must be brand new and the other faded...to make it more obvious.

PuckChaser said:
Kinda like the CTS rucksack?  ;D

If you need zone day course to learn how to use a ruck or your pants.....then it's too complicated.

KISS

Jim Seggie said:
If you need zone day course to learn how to use a ruck or your pants.....then it's too complicated.

KISS

zone day courses were always my favourite.  :camo:

bananaman said:
Received a set of the new pants today. So many new bells and whistles I'm surprised there isn't a 1 day course on how to operate and maintain.

Are the internal knee pads being issued out with the pants?

-Skeletor- said:

Only if you want a promotion.  >:D  ;)

troll-ba-dum-tss.png

:bowing:

-Skeletor- said:

Coworker got them with his pants, I believe they were included in the packaging. I can confirm tomorrow.

Yes they come in the pants. Easy to take out and I'm sure they are easy to misplace in the basement pile of un-used kit.

bananaman said:
Yes they come in the pants. Easy to take out and I'm sure they are easy to misplace in the basement pile of un-used kit.
Instead of "greatcoats on, greatcoats off", will we now have "knee pads in, knee pads out"?

milnews.ca said:
Instead of "greatcoats on, greatcoats off", will we now have "knee pads in, knee pads out"?

And heaven help you if you have the kneepads in while you're in garrison!  ;D

I can almost hear the thoughts of some jacka$$ mulling this over.

If issuing a set of pants is so complicated now that it takes years to procure and you need a set fo instructions about how to wear them, what will it be like 15-20 years from now when a combat uniform will have much of the functionality and complexity of a space suit? (built in medical monitoring systems, exoskeleton for load bearing and strength, protective plates, environmental control and CBRN protection, self adjusting camoflage etc?).

Just throwing that out now so the planning cycle can kick in. That way it will be ready when the technology is..... >:D

Thucydides said:
If issuing a set of pants is so complicated now that it takes years to procure and you need a set fo instructions about how to wear them, what will it be like 15-20 years from now when a combat uniform will have much of the functionality and complexity of a space suit? (built in medical monitoring systems, exoskeleton for load bearing and strength, protective plates, environmental control and CBRN protection, self adjusting camoflage etc?).

Just throwing that out now so the planning cycle can kick in. That way it will be ready when the technology is..... >:D

I thought we made the plans and developed doctrines after we made the purchases. 

Back