• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

PuckChaser said:
If they get canned then we'll have soldiers wearing green t-shirts and boxers soon because there's critical stock of everything.

I guess the entire CF will be dressed in NCD's then  ;D

That or we could all wear DEU's all the time...

PuckChaser said:
If they get canned then we'll have soldiers wearing green t-shirts and boxers soon because there's critical stock of everything.
  welcome to the CAF of the 70s

Awesome, I was keeping a secret hoard of pristine OG107 (including courdoroy coat) for just such an emergency!

"Wolverines!"

;)

I'm pretty sure the merx posting got extended - perhaps there were no bids on the ecu.

Good2Golf said:
Awesome, I was keeping a secret hoard of pristine OG107 (including courdoroy coat) for just such an emergency!

"Wolverines!"

;)
Me too!

Avenge me, boys!  AVENGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signalsguy said:
I'm pretty sure the merx posting got extended - perhaps there were no bids on the ecu.
Latest call for bids had an end-of-August deadline - more here.

Technoviking said:
Me too!

Avenge me, boys!  AVENGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RedDawn7.jpg

Good2Golf said:
"Wolverines!"

Sidebar: Can't wait to see this remake lol North Korea now if I am not mistaken.

Back to topic: None of us have heard anything on this, got my feelers out to higher in the Log food chain, see what I reel in.

(of course Vern will find out anything first lol)

yoman said:

That or we could all wear DEU's all the time...

DEU's would not be my first choice lol. Especially in a field pl my wedge would get all covered in mud lol. Hell maybe if all my combats become obsolete I can go back to blacks :)

yoman said:

But then the Navy would need a new uniform so that people can easily identify them...  >:D

PuckChaser said:
But then the Navy would need a new uniform so that people can easily identify them...  >:D

They certainly have no shortage of ideas in that market ::)

I was doing a little research and came across that our Army is getting new Uniforms and boots. Does anyone have pictures of the new Uniforms and combat boots? I was reading that they are either going to choose Brown or tan boots.

When I did basic the boots we have now where horrible(My opinion).

Thank you if you can answer anything I said here.

Search the forums for the Improved Combat Uniform (ICU) or Enhanced Combat Uniform, (ECU) and the Temperate Weather (TW) Boot.

That should give you all the info you could ever want on the subjects...

Cheers

Here's a good look at the new uniforms

http://www.strikehold.net/2012/07/01/canadian-enhanced-combat-uniform-ecu/

and the more popular threads on the above topics

ICU/ECU
https://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/101505.0.html

TW Boot
https://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/450.475.html

Scroll through the pages for images and more info

Cheers

Not sure how "Official" this is but I've heard from a couple higher ups and Sup Techs here in Borden that within the next couple months we should have them.  That being said I've already seen 2 or 3 people wearing them here.

Interesting, since the MERX listing still had no awarded contract, unless I was looking in the wrong place... perhaps the O-Grp pass down just meant we weren't getting them anytime soon... gah the rumour mill...

One of the new recruits at our regiment got issued the ECUs (had the velcro shoulder pockets ala rain jacket), but no mandarin collar.

Sadukar09 said:
One of the new recruits at our regiment got issued the ECUs (had the velcro shoulder pockets ala rain jacket), but no mandarin collar.

The TW shirts to match the design of the AR design of uniforms? Those aren't that new are they? Buddy of mine (a PRes Gun Plumber) got shirt, rain jacket with the velcro shoulder pockets almost 2 years ago now. I wasn't issued anything that fancy though  :p

Sadukar09 said:

Was that shirt issued new?  Or used?  Perhaps the last owner of that shirt had it modified?  The only combats I've seen with pockets on them were modified,  they weren't issued like that.

PrairieThunder said:
The TW shirts to match the design of the AR design of uniforms? Those aren't that new are they? Buddy of mine (a PRes Gun Plumber) got shirt, rain jacket with the velcro shoulder pockets almost 2 years ago now. I wasn't issued anything that fancy though  :p

Are you saying his rain jacket has pockets/velcro or his combat shirt?  Pockets on rain jacket came out with the first issue of the new rain gear(minus the AF rain jacket),  then a couple years later the angled pockets with velcro on the rain jackets came out.

Back