• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

HollywoodCowboy

Inactive
Reaction score
Received an email from CoC, it is a ppt slide show of the Improved Cmbt Uniform.
Any one else receive an email like this?
It's a little fishy to me.
If anybody can tell me how to attach a ppt I'd be happy to share.

HollywoodCowboy said:
Received an email from CoC, it is a ppt slide show of the Improved Cmbt Uniform.
Any one else receive an email like this?
It's a little fishy to me.
If anybody can tell me how to attach a ppt I'd be happy to share.

Its on the up and up...I received it too and have seen at least one version of the Combat shirt already....

I have seen the PPT  like NFLD Sapper said it is real, my OC went to the Infantry conference a while back and gave us info on it. That being said I will believe it when I get told to go to clothing stores to draw it.

There is another thread here about the new shirts and confirmed by Vern...

I've got the powerpoint as well. Looks good so far.

Don't expect to see anything until late next summer.

Wook

The word "improved" is significant here.  This is not "new" (despite being advertised as the biggest uniform change since 1950) and so the Army will not be buying great stocks to replace the uniforms off everyone's backs.  Deploying TFs will be able to request specific kitting in the new uniform, but otherwise you had best not get any hopes of having this issued faster than your current clothing will wear-out.  There is also a plan for who will continue to be issued the current "pre-improved" uniform to depleat those stocks as the "not-new" uniforms start filling supply shelves on Army bases.

If possible, could someone email me over the DIN with the powerpoint?

Ditto on the DIN email please.  PM me if you have it and I'll send my email info your way.  Sounds interesting.

To be honest, if you know what the US Army ACU uniform looks like, it's just that in cadpat.

Wolf117 said:
Ditto on the DIN email please.  PM me if you have it and I'll send my email info your way.  Sounds interesting.

Myself as well please.

Which begs the question that I have always wondered: will we be forced to blouse the pants on these?  And if so, why?

Bzzliteyr said:
Which begs the question that I have always wondered: will we be forced to blouse the pants on these?  And if so, why?

And the issue with blousing your pants is? While the CF was deployed on cbt ops in Afghanistan or if we are on ops....I don't have an issue with ventilation or circulation....while in garrison and I see troops NOT on a BFT or involved in field type training....then I have issues. So what are the reasons we should not blouse our pants?

Just the crusty old guy rising up again.

Jim, what are the (crusty old guy) reasons we SHOULD?

There is no reason to blouse our combat pants aside from "cleanliness".  But then does that mean that we are lesser soldiers when we wear our raingear?  Our Windpants?  Cause I have rarely if ever seen enforcement of those being bloused.

Bzzliteyr said:
Jim, what are the (crusty old guy) reasons we SHOULD?

There is no reason to blouse our combat pants aside from "cleanliness".  But then does that mean that we are lesser soldiers when we wear our raingear?  Our Windpants?  Cause I have rarely if ever seen enforcement of those being bloused.

And wind pants rain gear etc should never be bloused. Agreed.

And cleanliness and looking neat is a garrison norm. I think we all know that. I, for one, will not stand for troops looking slovenly in garrison when they have the facilities and time to look their best.

And that includes blousing your pants (not wind pants or rain gear) when required. When CFP 265 says we can walk around with pants unbloused at any time, then its good. Until then, blouse them. Thank you.

So tell me why we should NOT blouse our pants?

I am playing devil's advocate here... but I have asked around and no one can ever seem to answer my "why?" question with anything except "because we've always done it like that".

And by the way, searching for the term "blouse" in the CFP265 doesn't bring any regulation that instructs soldiers to wear their combat pants bloused.

Why should we not?  It's easier? The Brits don't do it, neither do the Americans do they?

Back