• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm going to be 17 and a red star, is there a chance of me ever going to camp?

Pryce

Inactive
Reaction score
I honestly could not find this anywhere else. I am 16 years old now and i am at the rank of C/Rifleman (Private).Ii am going to be 17, a C/MCpl, and red star by the end of the Cadet year.  Is there a chance for me to go to camp for a CL/CLi course? Or even as a staff cadet? This has been bugging me for a while. (note, i could of been fast tracked to silver star but i already missed the silver zet.)

Cadet, I do not believe you will attend a CSTC as a staff cadet. As for the CL/CLI courses, well, thta will be up to the TrgO,CO, ACO to determine. Do you have cadet basic?

You're odds are good of attending a CLI course, if you are a good cadet and your Trg O agrees. When I was a Cadet, the only summer camp I attended was CLI Adventure (at the age of 17). The following summer, I was a staff cadet teaching Basic.

There is also the possibility of non-teaching staff positions at camp. I got my first paid photography work that way.

Thank you for the help. I'll be sure to talk to my Admin Officer about it. :salute:

gun runner said:
Cadet, I do not believe you will attend a CSTC as a staff cadet. As for the CL/CLI courses, well, thta will be up to the TrgO,CO, ACO to determine. Do you have cadet basic?

I have not attended summer training at all because i was 16 during training and was way too old to go to general training or basic training.

I heard from a C/WO that selection for camp is based on age now. he also stated that he had green stars doing CLi D&C with them. So i think there is hope. ;D But i'm also thinking of going straight to the QOROC. But i have to see if they are hiring.

Just to put out an update for whoever is reading. I don't have the qualifications for CLi. Despite my rank my AdminO put me down for Staff (non-teaching) still i highly doubt i will get that. For all you older cadets out there who did join late, talk to your officers about Camp ASAP and find your options, so you are not in the same position i'm in at the moment. :nod: ;D

As a last update to the situation. (If it means anything). I've gotten hired for staff for the 2012 summer training season. So all you Cadets that have joined late, don't worry there are always options.

Back