• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm asking for your support for a new charity - time sensitive

x-grunt

Reaction score
Having received permission from Mike to post this, I would like to ask the members here for some support for a brand new charity. 

What am I asking you to support?
I am a board member of a new charity, PAL Parent Assistance line. We are opening a confidential national helpline for parents. A couple of us on the board have served in the CF, and we agree that this service could benefit CF members and spouses who have kids. The charities mission is to 'help parents help their children'. Part of our outreach will include the various MFRC's.

What would this actually do for someone? Imagine having difficulty with a child's behaviour. Maybe a teenager acting out? Toddler won't go to bed? Perhaps one partner is deployed and the other wants a place to problem-solve issues around raising the kids alone? PAL would be the place to call for in the moment support - confidential, no appointments, no wait list, a friendly focus on workable solutions, and no fee.

We are currently in our start up phase, and are in the Aviva funding competition. Aviva has listed several worthy projects and people can register and vote to give funds to the project of their choice. This competition is time limited the current round ends on 5 NOV 10 so taking a few minutes now would be really helpful!

What we are asking of you
Help us get and stay in the top 10, so we can move into the semifinals of the competition. I'm asking for 5 minutes of your time, right now to register and vote for us. 100K is the amount that can be awarded. This is not our only funding opportunity, but it is a major chance at significant funding. It will help in a huge way and accelerate our start up, so we can start helping families.

You can see the competition at www.avivacommunityfund.org.
Our project is http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf5903

You will need to register with an email - no spam will result - and follow the email link you will receive to activate your registration. Then vote! You can vote every day of the competition.

For more general info about PAL you can check out our fledgling website here:  www.parentassistance.ca

Gratefully,
Todd Solomon
aka x-grunt

To those of you who voted for my organization today, many thanks! Please vote again, you can vote once per day for us.

100K is on the line, and we have a good cause. Parents set the stage for a child.

Back